whats the difference???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the difference???

between 2-M and 2-W two stroke oil? everything on the labels is the same with the exception of the 2W being for watervehicle/sportboat and not labeled tcw-3, while the 2-m is labeled for outboards & tcw3 marked. mix ratio is the same and all else looks the same.. can i use the 2-W in my outboard, cuz i found a place close by that sells gallons fairly reasonable. its a motorcycle/waverunner dealer, but has this lube and ring free, two things i need for my o/b...please tell me its the same stuff...

HI, Just keep this In Mind when you are trying to save a few dollars when buying oil, for the boat or the car, especially for the two cycle OB....
    1. how much are you going to need in the season
    2 what is the difference in price?..How much will I save by getting the cheeper oil....is it wouth it..I doubt it.
    Most important...the most expensive thing you can put into your motor is cheap oil.
    PS I use nothing but AMSOIL in boat and cars and truck. never a problem or worry.
    Dennis

Comment

thanks dennis, but both of these are yamalube products..the 2m is the regular outboard stuff and the 2w is for waverunners. all else appears the same. i was curious if i could run the waverunner formulation in my outboard, the mix ratio is the same and price per gallon is less expensive...waverunner 2 stroke can't be much differnt from an outboard, or can it???

Comment

HI, I honestly do not know if there is a difference. Are they bolth TCW3 I am pretty sure that would be the deciding factor. I know this is not much help, but that would be how I would decide.
        Good Luck, Dennis

Comment

harry,
          I would use TCW-3 only in the outboard, as per the owner's manual. I don't know the difference in the two oils you mention, but I would stick with the TCW-3.
          If you are looking to save a few bucks, try a different brand - I have been using Pennzoil Plus Synthetic blend TCW-3 for the last year - about $10 for a gallon (Academy), and it burns cleaner with less smoke than most other brands I have tried.
          Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
          Ken K

Comment

Working...
          X