2004 90hp prestart warning buzzer test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 90hp prestart warning buzzer test

Does my 2004 2 stroke 90hp Yamaha have a pre-test buzzer test or warning test before start-up. Mine does not do this but is it supposed to?

Single engine Yams do not normally sound the buzzer prior to start up. To make sure your buzzer is working activate the kill switch and then crank the motor. It won't start but the buzzer should sound. Turn the key to the Off position to stop the buzzer.

Comment

my 90 tlrc with the emergency stop activated and the key to the on position did not sound any alarms.
      Last edited by fastback4; 11-20-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Have to turn it to start for the alarm to sound

Comment

well I just winterized my engine so i'll look for the disconnect to the starter. If I turn the key to start my engine will crank but not start with the emergency stop activated. will that do?
          Last edited by fastback4; 11-20-2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fastback4 View Post
            well I just winterized my engine so i'll look for the disconnect to the starter. If I turn the key to start my engine will crank but not start with the emergency stop activated. will that do?
            That should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              That should do it.
              Just tried it and no buzzer

Comment

Where did you disconnect the starter? At the starter I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Where did you disconnect the starter? At the starter I trust.
                  At the starter, yes

Comment

Sounds like your buzzer does not work.
                    Might take it loose and hit it with 12 volts to see for sure

Comment

On my new Skeeter SL 190 w/F150 I found a wire loose but that was four years ago and I can't remember which one - it was by the buzzer which is directly under the console.

Comment

the 90 two stroke will never sound a buzzer with the kill lanyard disconnected.
                        the EFI 4 stroke 90 will.
                        to test the 90 two stroke simply disconnect the pink temp switch lead,ground it,turn the key on.

no single engine Yamaha does a self test, at least not for the US market.

Comment

Sorry for the miss leading on that info I thought I knew,
                          but Rod straightened us out on that finally

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            Sorry for the miss leading on that info I thought I knew,
                            but Rod straightened us out on that finally
                            Remember, a Yamaha is not a Yamaha is not a Yamaha!!
                            Scott
                            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

if your ever in doubt look at the CDI or ECU connection.
                              if there is no brown wire(start relay signal) it doesn't know its cranking and cannot set an alarm for a start and stop signal at the same time.

fairly simple actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X