2004 yamaha 90tlrc won't engage reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 yamaha 90tlrc won't engage reverse

My 2004 yamaha 90tlrc won't engage reverse but it will engage forward, so I disconnect the shift cable from the engine and I can shift the remote control into the forward and reverse mode no problem.

Originally posted by fastback4 View Post
    My 2004 yamaha 90tlrc won't engage reverse but it will engage forward, so I disconnect the shift cable from the engine and I can shift the remote control into the forward and reverse mode no problem.
    by any chance,

did you remove and replace the LU just before you noticed this problem?

Comment

this is my first Yamaha so what is the LU...

Comment

oh wait I know,,,lower unit? no but the dealer I bought this from says they installed a new impellar

by the way, the below post from me also happened the same day

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...r-th26116.html
        Last edited by fastback4; 11-18-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

They should drop the lower unit, put it in neutral and the control in neutral, re-install lower unit and should be good to go. Their mechanic screwed up like an amateur, but it happens!....

Comment

let me add. I just bought this boat less than 1 week ago. in the shop it did go into reverse, but now it won't. I have not had it in the lake yet.

Comment

Take it back to them, if you jack with it they will say you caused the problem

Comment

rodger that. Thanks to all and i'll follow up

Comment

here is the follow-up with my 2004 yamaha 90tlrc won't engage reverse. The dealer mechanic and myself looked at it and the metal clip that holds the neutral safety start switch in place came off, the clip fell under the shift lever that goes to the gear case making it not shift into reverse and the neutral safety start switch was not accuated completely because the clip fell out so it would not start with the key.(another post I made)

Comment

ALL FIXED!! See original post;

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...r-th26116.html

And for the op, if you can keep it all on one thread is MUCH EASIER.

Making your own thread (and you did) is better too than adding to anothers engines issues.. Tks!
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X