2004 yamaha 90hp tlrc will not crank starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 yamaha 90hp tlrc will not crank starter

I had my fishing boat under my deck with the cover off the engine cleaning the engine for winter storage and while on a break my wife hoses down our deck floor not knowing I was working under the deck. Quite a bit of water came down on my engine and now it won't crank the starter. I can still turn the ignition on and manually engage the starter and my engine runs perfectly, just won't crank from the key. I compressor dried every connection I could get to. what happened anyone.

Here is what went wrong. the metal clip that holds the neutral safety start switch in place came off, the clip fell under the shift lever that goes to the gear case making it not shift into reverse and the neutral safety start switch was not accuated completely because the clip fell out so it would not start with the key. everything reinstalled and all is well with the world, well almost....god bless

Comment

Strange, I do not see the water under the hood or blowing off with air causing this

Comment

Read the second reply to the post

Comment

I did,
          I was just saying the water did not cause this, someone had to dislodge the clip manually.

In other words you cannot blame the Wife

Comment

Working...
          X