Lost Grommet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Grommet

Here's my predicament - I was replacing the thermostats on my 23 year old ox66 200hp motors when I thought I'd complete the refurbishing with new grommets in the poppet valves. Long story short, the grommet made it's way into the cover/engine despite my best efforts to keep it secure. Short of taking everything off behind the power pack, is there a lower point where this grommet could find it's way to and easier to retrieve? Now for the really stupid question - can I just leave it there? All suggestions/comments welcome.

I did the same thing on my OX66 4 years ago. I tried like hell to fish it out of there but had no success so I said, I have nothing to lose and figured I would try to run it like that and if I had any problems I would take that cover off and retrieve it. Its been in there for hundreds of hours. Don't worry about it.

Comment

Thanks mjm. I went ahead and took the back apart/off & retrieved the little buggar. Seeing where it was, I'm sure it would have found a permanent home. The twin motor I'll string some dental floss thru it in case it accidently pushes thru.

Comment

Working...
      X