F250TXR Wiring Diagram please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F250TXR Wiring Diagram please...

While doing a job near the wiring behind my ignition switch (2006 model year F250 TXR), I think I bumped or disconnected the wire(s) between my trim sensor and trim meter (Square Gauge).

My condition is - my binnacle trim button and motor moves my F250 up and down just fine but my square gauge trim indicator sits stationary at one bar (and doesn't move). All other features of the square gauge work fine. I think I bumped or disconnected this wire somehow as the gauge previously worked perfectly in all aspects before I did my project in that area.

So - Can you advise what color wires near my helm/ignition switch, should I focus on?

Having a wiring diagram for the F250TXR might help. Thank you in advance...
    Grady-White 330 Express

If you have a square gauge you have what is known as Command Link. All digital display based upon digital information. All information that is available for display is sent to the gauge via two wires. One white and one blue.

If you have other data being displayed accurately on the gauge, but the trim information is not being displayed correctly, then I would suspect that you have either a trim sender problem or a wiring problem from the sender to the engine's computer.

But since you asked for a wiring diagram, here you are

Comment

Thank you Boscoe for this.

So per your thinking (and my condition): "If you have other data being displayed accurately on the gauge, but the trim information is not being displayed correctly, then I would suspect that you have either a trim sender problem or a wiring problem from the sender to the engine's computer."

Just did some research and I think the trim sender is on the starboard side bracket on the inside of it. I will check if the sender wire is severed or if perhaps I need a new sending unit. To test the sender, I am supposed to see 9-11 ohms in the fully tilted down position and 247-387 ohms in the fully tilted UP position. Is this correct?

I will check the wiring closely and also test the sender as per above. If you have other suggestions, please advise. Thank you.
      Last edited by HMBJack; 11-18-2015, 01:39 AM.
      Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Originally posted by HMBJack View Post
        Thank you Boscoe for this.

So per your thinking (and my condition): "If you have other data being displayed accurately on the gauge, but the trim information is not being displayed correctly, then I would suspect that you have either a trim sender problem or a wiring problem from the sender to the engine's computer."

Just did some research and I think the trim sender is on the starboard side bracket on the inside of it. I will check if the sender wire is severed or if perhaps I need a new sending unit. To test the sender, I am supposed to see 9-11 ohms in the fully tilted down position and 247-387 ohms in the fully tilted UP position. Is this correct?

I will check the wiring closely and also test the sender as per above. If you have other suggestions, please advise. Thank you.
        Correct on the sender values. Perform the test with the sender connector disconnected.

You can always swap the electrical connectors from one tachometer to the other and see if the problem moves to the other tachometer.

Comment

"You can always swap the electrical connectors from one tachometer to the other and see if the problem moves to the other tachometer."

>>>> I did this already and the starboard square gauge still showed only ONE bar when the engine was moved up and down.

Specifically:
          On the back of each square gauge, I swapped the port and starboard square electrical plugs. Then moved each motor up and down. My condition stayed the same! Trim indicator on the Port motor worked as before the plug swap (indicator bars moved up and down). Trim indicator on the Starboard motor (connected to Port side wiring) remained at ONE bar. I expected to see the problem move to the other Tachometer but it didn't.

So, now I'm really stumped...
          Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

News Update:

I located the trim sender and if I move it by hand up and down, the trim indicator on the Gauge works! So - the trim lever on the trim sensor does not move when the engine is trimmed up ( it stays down).

So, I need to determine how to "attach" the sender lever to the engine.
            Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

The lever is Sprng Activated.

A couple squirts of WD-40 and all is well now.
              I guess my trim sender lever got stuck in the Down position.

Problem solved. Thanks!
              Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

"keep after it", though, with WD

or perhaps some lube with more staying power

otherwise a few weeks/months from now it will be stuck again

Comment

Thanks and agreed 100%. WD-40 will wash off in ten seconds in the salt down there at the bracket.

Wondering what would be best to lube the trim sensor lever?

I'm thinking a finger tip of Yamaha Grease No. 2. Or some lithium grease?

Regardless, I will keep after it and know what to look for if it acts up again.
                  Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Originally posted by HMBJack View Post
                    I'm thinking a finger tip of Yamaha Grease No. 2.
                    that's worked well for me - I keep a nice thick glob of marine grease on it

Comment

Working...
                    X