Anode Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anode Search

Gents: I'm waking up a SX200 & LX200, years 2000 & 2001 that have been hibernating, history and hours unknown. Both start and run fine. Both are missing the skeg anodes. Should these be replaced? Thought it might have something to do with running twins? My Yamaha manual doesn't do a good job at pinpointing the engine anodes. Can you point me in the right direction for those and what & where to look for any corrosion. Since these motors seem to run fine, decided to keep them on the boat until ???. Thanks for all suggestions.

are you talking about #12?
    Yamaha Outboard 200HP OEM Parts Diagram for Lower Casing Drive 2 SX | Boats.net

Comment

Yes for the lower unit ones. How about the block ones? I was told there were 8 per engines.

Comment

Look in cylinder block diagram here. #18

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...er-crankcase-1

Comment

OK, so I think I've figured it out because I don't see anything resembling an anode. Appears you have to take off the water jacket to uncover the block ones and the cover plate on top of the block. Are there 4 per motor - 2 on top & 2 on the block? Do these guys have the same part number?

Comment

Anodes come in many different shapes.

Answers to all of your questions can be found by viewing the Yamaha parts catalogs for your specific models.

Comment

Anodes come in many different shapes.

Answers to all of your questions can be found by viewing the Yamaha parts catalogs for your specific models.

Tried to post an illustration but the system has blocked it. ????

Comment

Originally posted by rcnight1 View Post
                OK, so I think I've figured it out because I don't see anything resembling an anode. Appears you have to take off the water jacket to uncover the block ones and the cover plate on top of the block. Are there 4 per motor - 2 on top & 2 on the block? Do these guys have the same part number?
                I would be very wary of taking off those covers on a 23 year old engine, you could be in for a world of hurt with broken bolts and studs. Pull the thermostats out and have a look there for corrosion. Perhaps run some of that corrosion removal stuff through the engines and see what you get out. Just search this site and you find lots of posts on the difference products guys use and how they do it.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm not messing with the internals, My dad was right, I tend to learn the hard way. I've got a whole other problem I'll start on a separate thread. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X