Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Carbed 2-Stroke Maintenance Method is Best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll throw my two cents in, FWIW. I have a 2000 OX66 150HP, with approx. 390 hrs. on it. I bought it used from the original owner, who used RF religiously.

I've kept up the practice, and added Starbrite Startron to the regimen. In the fall I add the recommended dosage of Starbrite "Easy to Store/Easy to Start." When I fire up the motor in the spring it purrs.

My servicing dealer (Alexandria, MN) says the combo of RF+ and Startron will minimize fuel issues better than anything else. He says his service work is 70% fuel related. He ran a leak down test on my motor last fall (2014), and he said it tested as good or better than any new motor he could pick off his floor.

Jeff

Comment

Uhhh.

This post is about a carbureted two stroke. An OX66 is a fuel injected motor. Completely different animals with completely different fuel systems.

Comment

if you really really wanna see a wonder snake oil.
        use the Yamaha internal engine cleaner.

one of the few snake oils that I have actually seen take a four stroke,and some two strokes, from 85% leakage past the rings to less than 10%.

many many times I have personnaly done it.

I personnaly don't run any additive but the blue startron.
        I do decarb with the above snake oil.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          if you really really wanna see a wonder snake oil.
          use the Yamaha internal engine cleaner.

one of the few snake oils that I have actually seen take a four stroke,and some two strokes, from 85% leakage past the rings to less than 10%.

many many times I have personnaly done it.

I personnaly don't run any additive but the blue startron.
          I do decarb with the above snake oil.
          Is this what your referring to:

Yamaha ACC-CLEAN-D1-00 Internal Engine Cleaner Quart; ACCCLEAND100 Available to John Q with 6 quarts.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...FYn2HwodvtkFqg Available to John Q at ONE quart.

Off hand, the % per quart its used for 4 strokes?

Also, for two strokes, are you just letting it soak thru the spark plug hole say overnight?

The 2014 Yamaha shows it dealer only purchase:
          http://yamahaoutboards.com/Marine_Ri...index.html#230
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-22-2015, 08:29 AM.
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X