Panasonic! Plane stuck in Newark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic! Plane stuck in Newark!

Assuming you guys run flights for United??? You got a bird that won’t fly in Newark NJ. Giddy up down. Bring something a tad newer please! Good grief!!!

Lol..I don't know what you are talking about. I am in Canada!!

Comment

What kind of "old" plane are you referring to?

Comment

We had a contract a few years ago for United Express..under CommuteAir regional to do lease returns maintenance on their Dash 8 fleet which they now have retired. Most of them are sitting in the desert down in Arizona now. That's the only United aircraft I have ever touched.

Comment

Someone needs to step back and put the bong down.

Comment

No Bong allowed here Roscoe! Panasonic - I was traveling out west and neglected to return to check for replies. I thought there was a good chance that whatever Canadian regional airline that you worked with was a United "Partner"and picked up the incoming legs from the states to Halifax. I neglected to mention Halifax above. For some reason, I thought you were in Halifax. Friends were stuck overnight in Newark and I believe the plane was a Dash 8. The plane was operated by Air Canada and was the Dehavilland DHC 8. I have no idea how those agreements are structured.
            Last edited by pstephens46; 09-12-2023, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Every airplane I ever flew broke down on occasion. Especially the NEW ones. Time to spare, go by air!

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                No Bong allowed here Roscoe! Panasonic - I was traveling out west and neglected to return to check for replies. I thought there was a good chance that whatever Canadian regional airline that you worked with was a United "Partner"and picked up the incoming legs from the states to Halifax. I neglected to mention Halifax above. For some reason, I thought you were in Halifax. Friends were stuck overnight in Newark and I believe the plane was a Dash 8. The plane was operated by Air Canada and was the Dehavilland DHC 8. I have no idea how those agreements are structured.
                Yes I am in Halifax and that would be one of our aircraft....DHC-400 series. We fly to destinations in the US mainly with our jets, but some places near the border with the dashes. The whole Dash series are good aircraft..like pickup trucks. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
                  Every airplane I ever flew broke down on occasion. Especially the NEW ones. Time to spare, go by air!
                  Yes they all break down, spent my whole life it seems fixing broke airplanes...still some to go!

And yes it seems we have more trouble with NEW types then we ever had with old ones. To much bloody electronics on them nowadays.

Comment

Nothing BUT electronics in them. I have very fond memories of the 100 percent analog and dumb 727. Fastest thing I ever flew.

Comment

Working...
                    X