90 hp 2 stroke fuel enrich valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 hp 2 stroke fuel enrich valve

While doing a carb cleaning I pulled the cover plate off of the fuel enrichment valve. Next I backed out the screw for the reed valve . Cleaned the ports and went to reassemble and guess what, the valve body has a nut behind it that has fallen out of the holder. It's one of those deals where the nut rides in a hexagonal depression. The IPB in the service manual shows the body piece will come out. I have applied moderate force to attempt to remove it to no avail. I am afraid if I put much more force on it I am going to break the piece (it's plastic) or scar the ports. Anyone have any suggestions on removing this piece?
    The page in the service manual is 4-10 if you have one to refer to.

Thanks in advance for constructive advice and guidance.

Can you go up to the RED, "Purchase Yamaha parts" up and to the right.

Please look up your engine, the part #in the carb, it would very helpful for us that don't have your service manual to post that here...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

requested part number

6H4-24413-00-00 BODY 2

Stopped in local shop. They were kind enough to suggest popping it out with compressed air. Apparently it is press-fitted in the housing with an o ring holding it in place. Tried the air to no avail. Work schedule is going to force me to take the part to the shop and let them try.

Comment

I took a popsicle stick trimmed down to fit into the ports. Carefully was able to

pry the valve body out. Here's a link to an issue i ran into during reassembly.

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...t-th24845.html

Comment

Working...
        X