1996 c150tlru idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 c150tlru idle problems

I am having idle problems with my 1996 c150tlru. Engine stalls going in and out of gear. Runs flawless otherwise to WOT,5500 RPM. I ran with external tank, no change. I did compression check, 120 psi on all cylinders. (Plugs out) New plugs, new fuel pumps, new fuel primer bulb, no change. Did fuel pump test, no air bubbles in line, no change. I checked recirculating VALVE'S, 4 out of 6 are bad. Can they be the cause of my idle problems? I'm guessing I will clamp on vise grips and twist/pull them out and tap new ones in with hammer? Any help is appreciated.

bad recirc valves can cause idle issues.
    so can dirty barbs.
    fix the recirc valves,then fix the carbs if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      bad recirc valves can cause idle issues.
      so can dirty barbs.
      fix the recirc valves,then fix the carbs if needed.
      Just making sure you ( the OP) knows there was a spelling problem,
      in case you were wondering how the barbs could affect the idle.

My bet is pilot (idle) passages in carbs dirty,
      But replace the recirculating valves 1st to see if that was the only problem

Comment

Forgot to mention... I cleaned carbs... They were spotless. Will order and replace recirculating valves. I figured you meant carbs. Any tips on removing recircs? Or is vise grips the right course of action?

Comment

That is the way I replaced the 4 on my C40 after Rodbolt posted that was the way to do it.

Make sure you mark or just remember which way the nipple was pointing so the new one does the same.

Also there may be nipples that are not check valves on the motor so pay attention. only need 1 check valve per line

Just because you cleaned the carbs does not mean they still are not the problem.
          sometimes a heated ultrasonic bath is needed.
          But you will find out once the valves are replaced
          Last edited by 99yam40; 11-06-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

OK. Recircs first. If that doesn't solve the problem I will remove and clean/rebuild carbs... Thank for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X