HPDI rigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPDI rigging

Hello all I just recently hung a 225 vmax HPDI on the back of my boat and rigged my throttle cable as I thought it should be.. My question is at WOT is the levers on the throttle busy supposed to hit the manual stops? Because mine aren't and im noticing my engine isn't reaching the recommended rpm rated for the prop I bought... How do you adjust it to the point where the levers hit the stops?

When you talk about stops are you talking about a stop on the throttle handle or the stop on the motor?

Did you follow the set up procedure in the service manual?

Generally the throttle handle is in the neutral position when the motor is rigged. The terminal fitting on the motor end of the throttle cable is screwed inward or outward until the terminal fits over the throttle pin. This presumes that the throttle cam roller and the stopper screw on the throttle mechanism are in specification.

The motor not hitting a particular RPM when at WOT might be a function of too much diameter or pitch in the propeller.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      When you talk about stops are you talking about a stop on the throttle handle or the stop on the motor?

Did you follow the set up procedure in the service manual?

Generally the throttle handle is in the neutral position when the motor is rigged. The terminal fitting on the motor end of the throttle cable is screwed inward or outward until the terminal fits over the throttle pin. This presumes that the throttle cam roller and the stopper screw on the throttle mechanism are in specification.

The motor not hitting a particular RPM when at WOT might be a function of too much diameter or pitch in the propeller.
      The stop on the motor, it's just weird that everyone with this boat setup motor and prop are achieving 5700+ rpm and I'm at right around 5300 trimmed... Good compression and new filters on the motor.. Just had it hung 3 weeks ago

Comment

could be hull condition , motor height, motor problems, or weight of rig

Comment

Working...
        X