Yamaha f40 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f40 carbs

Hello my outboard is leaking fuel at the plunger cap on all 3 carbs and has basically melted the rubber. Should there be file leaking there when Itls running? I’ve got new rubber plunger plugs in order. I didn’t know if I need to dig deeper as to why fuel is leaking or if Itls suppose to have some fuel and the plug is there to prevent from leaking.

since we have no idea what F40 you are talking about,
    I will guess that the part you are talking about is higher than the fuel level should be in the fuel bowl of the carbs when normally operating.
    so maybe the floats/needle & seat are not sealing off to control the fuel level properly.
    ​​​​​​​ But that is just a guess

Comment

Sorry 99yam40 Itls a 4 stroke. I ended up removing the carbs and rebuilding it. That seems to fix it.

thank you for responding!

Comment

Originally posted by fshndad View Post
        Sorry 99yam40 Itls a 4 stroke. I ended up removing the carbs and rebuilding it. That seems to fix it.

thank you for responding!
        good to here,
        but the F40 says it is a 4 stroke, but do you have any idea how many years and models there are for F40s.
        they are not all the same.

this is why it is best to post the complete model ID of you motor when you ask questions about it

Comment

I only recall them making the f40 carb version for a few years

Comment

Originally posted by fshndad View Post
            I only recall them making the f40 carb version for a few years
            even with a year of manufacture,
            7 or so years there are still 4 or more different models in each of those years.

Post what you have when asking questions

Comment

From the year 2000 through the end of 2006, Yamaha USA alone offered 48, yes 48, different F40 carbureted models.

Outside the USA there were even more F40 carbureted models offered.

There is almost no way of our knowing where in the world any particular poster resides.

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=yout...id:7ObG14P8bVQ

Comment

that reminds me of something Rodbolt would post up in the past

Comment

I think that is where I came across those.

Comment

Working...
                    X