Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shiny Black- Dark blue metal flake paint--- where to get it please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny Black- Dark blue metal flake paint--- where to get it please?

Any part numbers and stores to get this miracle paint for the black/blue Metal Flake paint for the newer model outboard engine cover please...

posting a model # should help you get better info maybe

Comment

Paint ?

VF225 LA SHO Yamaha engine cowling paint

Comment

Advance Auto carries some cans of spray paint that I've matched up well with my older model Yamaha...mine is a "gunmetal gray metallic"....take a sample piece from your motor and see what they have....I don't know if Yamaha Dealers carry any touch-up paints for their motors but might be worth checking in to...especially if you want/need a perfect match....

Comment

At Yamaha dealers - done that - no deal-- they have what looks like it might work- dark blue metallic-- do not buy it. It - in no way - matches the cap color. Test spray it first, if they will let you.

Comment

NA is the Yamaha paint code for the SHO cowling. Requires a base coat and then a top coat. Clear coat also for best results. Good luck getting any one lot of paint to match a different lot of paint, particularly with the passage of time, sun, wind, rain, salt spray, etc., etc.

For a backyardigan here is one source of paint.

Yamaha 00NA Shiny Black (SBL)

Comment

Working...
            X