Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha SHO 225 water analog temp guage kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha SHO 225 water analog temp guage kit?

Hello, is there a kit that allows you to install a analog water temperature gauge for a 2015 SHO four stroke motor. Sending unit, wire harness and gauge. Reason for this is engine manual says to allow motor to warm up prior to running at rpm above idle/shifting into gear. How long is this 1-30 minutes?????

I am of no help on the kit,
    but as far as how long to let the motor warm up
    I would think it depends on the air and water temperature, and with the temp of motor when started.

I have no idea if that new motor does, but I thought most motors start and idle at a higher RPM for a little while until a sensor on motor tells it the motor has warmed up.

I would think a few minutes of idling would be sufficient in most cases unless it is very cold out

Comment

Originally posted by tritontr20 View Post
      Hello, is there a kit that allows you to install a analog water temperature gauge for a 2015 SHO four stroke motor. Sending unit, wire harness and gauge. Reason for this is engine manual says to allow motor to warm up prior to running at rpm above idle/shifting into gear. How long is this 1-30 minutes?????
      Fascinating! I see the manual also says the (optional? extra cost?) Command Link Plus display will give you a warning light which tells you exactly when you are "warmed up"

So perhaps possible to find out that temperature setpoint, and exactly what is measured...

By the way, the original F225 (3.3 liter) said this in the Owners Manual:

Warming up engine

1. After starting the engine, allow it to idle for 3 minutes to warm up. Failure to do so will shorten engine life.

(interestingly, no mention of consideration of ambient air/water temperature)

Comment

that is true but, back to original question? is there a kit or even better can it be done? Command link cost would be close to 500.00 - 1500.00 dollars depending on what you buy dollars.

Comment

There is no "kit" available from Yamaha. But then a kit is not really needed given that just three components are involved. A gauge, a sender and a fitting to attach the sender to the motor. And if there were a kit, chances are there would not be any instructions provided with it.

Yamaha data/information is usually crap when it is avaiable.

For instance. Start the motor and let it idle for three minutes in Houston, Texas in August and the engine temperature will get to X. Now start the same motor in Homer, Alaska in November and the engine temperature will be a hell of a lot colder in three/five minutes time than it will be before it was ever started in Houston. Does not make sense. Crap information.

But then maybe it is better than no information at all. At least info is given to let it warm up. My wife starts her car and it is in drive and she is down the road in a nano second.

Comment

but why would someone buy a boat with sheety rigging to start with?????
            20K for a motor with sheety rigging?
            I would take it back and have it rigged correctly.

Comment

Working...
            X