• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TownsendsFJR1300
    replied
    Here's the parts fisch;

2001 F4MLHZ Yamaha Outboard STARTER Diagram and Parts

You can see the coiled return spring. Just about any moving parts probably need to be cleaned and re-greased and/or oiled. You'll see what gooed up/dry with old grease etc. Clean / service all of that and you should be fine.

Re-installing the coil will need some tension put on it (to pull the starter cord back in).

I doubt there's any broken parts being it does eventually return but keep a sharp eye for anything unusual.

Good luck and lease post back how it goes...

Leave a comment:

• scott91963
    replied
    It is a 2001 model number F6MLHZ. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• TownsendsFJR1300
    replied
    If you post the year and EXACT MODEL #, we can bring up the parts fisch.

The spring inside the housing sounds like its gooed up(old grease). Spraying WD40 down the rope hole won't do anything, you have to access where the re-coil spring is.

Leave a comment:

• scott91963
    started a topic F6Z Starter Pull Cord Hangs

F6Z Starter Pull Cord Hangs

Occasionally the pull cord on my F6Z outboard gets stuck in the extracted position and I can not get it to go back in. It eventually goes in by itself as the motor is running but any tapping or pulling that I do doesn't seem to affect it. I have tried spraying WD40 in the area through the cord hole with it extracted but it has not made a difference. Has anyone had this problem or know where I should begin my trouble shooting. Thanks again. Scott
Working...
X