2stroke/4stroke forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2stroke/4stroke forum

Any thought of separating 2 stroke and 4 stroke in this forum? A while back it was mainly 2 strokes now it seems shifting to 4.......

Nary a thought at all I would imagine. Particularly given the number of commonalities between the two motor types.

Comment

Going by the limited amount of posts in the combined section, it would be near a ghost town to divide those few posts in half.

Comment

Why? There are as many sizes and variations within the four strokes , adding two strokes makes no real difference.
        Now if you feel the need to set up some rivalry?

I’ve noticed Facebook has got out of hand, there are forums that subdivide almost every topic; the result is they quickly die.

Comment

if everyone would put the complete modle Number of the motor they are asking about in the beginning, we would all know what motor they are talking about.

Comment

Well, even thru there is more 2 strokes out there,, It would be a four stroke blog in the end as they have a boatload more issues....PS,, yammy 99. You spell better than me !!

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
              Well, even thru there is more 2 strokes out there,, It would be a four stroke blog in the end as they have a boatload more issues....PS,, yammy 99. You spell better than me !!
              Not too sure about that, as time goes by, the remaining two strokes will just die/fade/rust away until it's just a four stroke world.....well most of the world anyway.

Comment

I done most of my "bucket" list.
                next,, I think its time to make the wankel (Rotary) outboard I've been dreaming about.

Comment

I done most of my "bucket" list.
                  next,, I think its time to make the wankel (Rotary) outboard I've been dreaming about.
                  Hasn't that been tried and was a dismal failure? I seem to remember one being made and fooled around with for a couple of years, then just fizzled out. Not too sure they are the ideal concept, lots of RPM but that about it.

Comment

They are VERY used in many Rally Races and other countrys.... As usual,, the USA made dumb stupid rules that forbid anything that challenges the same ol same ol. Folks in the usa don't realize that your so limited in what you can buy or import...very sad,,so sad
                    ..but keep on thinking that you live in the most free place on the planet...... Fools

Comment

They are VERY used in many Rally Races and other countrys.... As usual,, the USA made dumb stupid rules that forbid anything that challenges the same ol same ol. Folks in the usa don't realize that your so limited in what you can buy or import...very sad,,so sad
                      ..but keep on thinking that you live in the most free place on the planet...... Fools

Maybe it was here that the Rotary was adapted to an outboard? It was quite some time ago, and I am sure I read about it in a boating magazine, they fooled around for a long time, trying to get it going and looking for backing, but it just faded away.

Comment

Friend had a Suzuki RE 5. Told me best bike he ever rode and never had it in top gear. Sort of the same with diesel outboards. People are borrow minded IMO

Comment

I recall the Suzuki rotary motorcycle didn’t have a lot of power leading to its demise. Mind you if you had one of those today, they bring in big$

Comment

Friend had a Suzuki RE 5. Told me best bike he ever rode and never had it in top gear. Sort of the same with diesel outboards. People are borrow minded IMO
                            I think diesel outboards are whole different kettle of fish, extremely heavy, noisey, very expensive, and limited appeal, there's not much left to like is there?

Comment

I can’t recall a single rotary motor that didn’t burn oil after 30-40000 miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X