No announcement yet.

2004 50 hp T50TLRC starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked timing and looked like it was off by about a tooth maybe tooth and a half. Adjusted and reset the belt and put everything back together. Checked valve clearance also good. I even unplugged all electrical connections and looked for corrosion, found none made sure all connections were plugged in all the way. Tried to start and still got the same problem. Fuel is still coming out the breather if I crank on it for awhile. I removed plugs where you connect gauge to check sync of carbs and squirted a little fuel in. Replaced plugs and it tried to start briefly. Problem must be in the carbs. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the carbs. I removed them from the engine again. I have a friend coming over and have a look and see if he can see what I'm overlooking. It just seems like the fuel/air is not getting through the carbs to the engine in the right way. I'm no expert outboard mechanic but have a good mechanical back ground, I'm a hydraulic technician by trade. These carbs are not that complicated. The carbs are clean, fuel/air passages all get air when I blow air through them. O-rings and seals are good. It's hosed up right, and no fuel leaks.

Where do I go from here??????????????

Comment

Take it to a Good Yamaha shop that has a heated ultrasonic bath cleaner

Comment

I don't even own an ultrasonic killer device.
        I did do a set of carbs from an F50tlrb under a crab shedder light with live crabs uner the plywood platform at about 3 AM.

this sheet aint hard.

must be clean and both enrichment valves working And properly syncronzed.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          I don't even own an ultrasonic killer device.
          I did do a set of carbs from an F50tlrb under a crab shedder light with live crabs uner the plywood platform at about 3 AM.

Were you sober???
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I think I can get access to a ultra-sonic cleaner at a shop we buy parts from at work. It's worth a shot.
            Are the jets in the carbs different sizes from carb to carb. They have different part numbers but no identifying marks on them that I can see.

Comment

jets should have some king of markings,
              and if the parts break down show different #s then yes they should be different

Comment

yep I was sober that night. I was the designated driver and we closed down the Blue Crab in colington.

the carbs on the F/T 50 are dirt simple but sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  yep I was sober that night. I was the designated driver and we closed down the Blue Crab in colington.
                  LOL, you should have been impaired with that situation!!
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I got to ask what is a crab shedder light?
                    Bright ,dim, or something special?

Comment

a crab shedder is a 4x8ft or sow box with 8-12 " sides that water flows into. you string them together 10-20 and keep Peeler crabs(pre molt) in until they molt.
                      to assist at night, you run a light string down them so you can see to tend them every 4 hrs or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X