F 40 help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F 40 help needed

I have a 2006 Yamaha F 40T that dies when I try to rev it over 2000 rpm. I have ultra sonic cleaned the carbs, made sure the idle and main jets are open and the passages in the idle jets as well as the float bowl and carb body seem to be clear. The accelerator pump pistons are free and fuel is being squirted in all three venturies when the throttles are opened. With the engine in neutral it revs up to 5000 or so. When in gear it dies at 2000 and stalls if I don't take it out of gear soon enough. New spark plugs, now gaskets and O rings in the intake ports. Happens when the engine is cold or when its warm. I've called a couple of Yamaha dealerships and they wont give advice and are unable to look at it for the next month and a half. Anyone have thoughts on what I have missed?
    Last edited by Stanfromhell; 05-28-2023, 11:18 PM.

The carburetors on that model are somewhat problematic. One solution that has worked for several is the installation of slightly larger jets.

Is the motor new to you or have you owned it for some time? Did it run well before but has now become a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      The carburetors on that model are somewhat problematic. One solution that has worked for several is the installation of slightly larger jets.

Is the motor new to you or have you owned it for some time? Did it run well before but has now become a problem?
      Boscoe did you get my message?

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Boscoe99 do you still want me to take some amp readings?

Comment

If you don't mind please.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              If you don't mind please.
              check your messages boscoe to see if you can see the videos on readings

Comment

Got them. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X