X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberalism costs big??No one works LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Skin diver View Post
      In the middle of nowhere. Hawaii. Shopping for props is crazy with all the different brands and makes. Not many choices here in Hawaii. Ordering from the mainland would be best but shipping kills the deal. How do you choose?
      I suggest you tap PowerTech. Their "wheels" are well respected. They work with manufacturers to optimize props for 4-stroke outboards. When I clobbered mine, I reached out to their gurus who sent my rig through their proprietary software. Instead of selling me a another, they honestly told me moving from what I have wasn't going to make a noticeable difference. Once I said PowerTech, the local shop said "no problem".

Last I checked, They only sell through retailers and distributors. With all the water around you, I'm sure you'll find a local outlet.

PowerTech has an online tech assistance form you may want to complete.

Hope this helps and please keep us posted.

Comment

F70 prop size

G'day Mate,

I bought a 525 Horizon with an F70 in Jan 2015. It came with the same size prop 13x.... X15. After a lot of research from Australian prop spe******t and prop god web site. I found the cavitation plate sat under the water on cruise, RPM WOT 5600.
        I raised the outboard 2.5 inches before the cavitation plate sat were I could see it out of the water at cruise. RPM WOT 5850.
        I then went to looking at the prop. I placed a 13x5/8x13 on. Hole shot noticeably better. RPM WOT 6300. Did not gain any top end speed. Have not done a longer enough trip to compare fuel consumption yet.

Happy to be corrected if I am incorrect, one thing I did find whilst researching. The F70 WOT is 6000 - 6300. If the out board is ran at the top end rev range and WOT is 5600 - 6000 there is chance of head cranking.
        (I may have opened another can of worms and separate discussion.)

Aussie spearO
        Rod

Comment

Working...
        X