1993 P115 TLRR tilt dust seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 P115 TLRR tilt dust seal

I am trying to find tilt dust seal for my 115 hp.Looks like you cannot buy just the dust seal. I did find and replace other seals. Looks like my only recourse is to send off to have entire cylinder rebuilt. Has anyone else run into this problem? Old dust seal was not reusable. Looks like I have two options , send off to 5 Star Marine for rebuild or run it without dust seal. Ideas?

looks like you can buy the tilt sub assembly.
    Yamaha Outboard 115HP OEM Parts Diagram for Power Trim Tilt Assembly | Boats.net

Comment

Thanks ,also found out I can buy the end cap for just the tilt cylinder for around $100.

Comment

I'm confused. Why would you need a end cap ? Did u damage it.. Normal seal replacement is the standard for the part.

Comment

No,cap not damaged . Cannot find the dust seal for the cap. Seems like they make you buy entire cylinder with everything for about $280 or just buy the tilt end cap for $100 or so with seals. For $100 might as well buy the cap, or do without dust seal and probably have to replace anyway down the road. ( which I don’t want to do).
          Last edited by Rdaddyo62; 05-22-2023, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Seeing this forum tends to be a DYI forum, can’t you just stuff a makeshift dust seal into the cap - it is not an oil seal. And save your $ for when it needs a complete overhaul as you had suggested.

Comment

Is part # 31 in the parts break down the correct part ????

Comment

he said tilt not trim

Comment

Seeing this forum tends to be a DYI forum, can’t you just stuff a makeshift dust seal into the cap - it is not an oil seal. And save your $ for when it needs a complete overhaul as you had suggested.

No, would be hard to keep it inserted into the actual end cap when tilting up and down.

Comment

I don't know where you live, but if it is a urban area, go to your local hydraulic supply shop with the cap and see if they can help you find a replacement wiper seal/dust cap.

Comment

Thanks Panasonic. Giving that a shot today. Believe it or not, trying to find that exact seal and/ or cap end for a 93 115hp online is a pain in the azz!

Comment

After more research I did find the dust seal , it’s part # 64E-43898-00. Hope maybe this helps someone in the future. I do appreciate all the input.

Comment

Working...
                        X