Rodbolt you got any scrap stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodbolt you got any scrap stuff?

Looking for a two, three or four cylinder inline blown motor. Two stroke or four stroke. Block/crankshaft only plus stator, flywheel and rectifier/regulator wanted.

got lots of stuff.

Comment

How much? What is the cheapest that you have? I need a boats.net discount of course.

Something like a 40/50/60 would be ideal methinks.

Comment

you looking for rebuildable stuff or are you making a trainer ?

Comment

Want to make a trainer. Just need a block to hold a crank shaft (no pistons) that will turn a flywheel over a lighting coil that is connected to a rectifier/regulator. The crankshaft will be turned by an AC motor.

Thinking that maybe I can have an AC analog meter (voltage and amperage) connected to the lighting coil output with an analog DC meter (voltage and amperage) connected to the rectifier/regulator output and ground leads. Maybe have a variable power resistor in the R/R output lead and ground lead to simulate a poor electrical connection to see what happens and when.

When done with projects such as this I sometimes donate it to a technical school if they see any value in it. To a guy that knows electrics it is a given. To a 17 year old wannabee mechanic that has only held a battery in his hand it is a miracle to observe electricity being created by magnets wizzing next to a coil of wire.

Comment

I can come up with something. give me a few days.
            would a carbed F50 complete work ?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              I can come up with something. give me a few days.
              would a carbed F50 complete work ?
              Yes. If the price is right. It is always about the price isn't it?

If it is complete I can send you all of the stuff that I don't need once I have stripped the motor clean.

Comment

Working...
              X