No announcement yet.

HPDI Diagnostic Kit - (Software)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that part number is no longer valid, its been superceeded.
    yes they are still backordered some, I finally got the cable I ordered last june, two weeks ago.
    unless your familiar with EFI and DFI operation its not going to help much.

Comment

but it is really helpful in learning how to diagnose electronic problems with EFI/DI..kind of blind with out it.

Comment

electrival failues on yamaha are incredibly rare.
        you can use a digital multimeter to test any and all sensors on the HPDI.
        typically I use the lap top as a quick way of telling me what I dont have to chase.
        if baro at key on is correct and its not throwing an active code then typically ya gotta fix the fuel problem.
        it will throw a code for HP rail pressure but ONLY if the code is active.
        the later 3.3 motors will store that it was set.
        but the laptop is simply a tool, no better that the tool on the technicians neck inbetween the left and right ear pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Twin R View Post
          Yamaha Part # 68F-85300-00, which is the Diagnostic Kit to hook a computer up to an HPDI for diagnostic purposes. One,is this part still available and Two, has anyone used it with any success? Trying to figure if twin 150 HPDI are running efficiently and if the software is the way to go to figure this out.
          Is the subject diagnostic software still available, If so can I still get it from Boats.net..??

Comment

Working...
          X