Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMEA 2000 Yamaha engine data to Garmin Echo 73sv

Good day,

I have the basic engine data reporting on the Garmin; RPM, temp, volts and pressure through a NMEA 2000 backbone. Engine hours as well. The trim shows 124% and has never been connected to an analog gauge. I understand there needs to be a patch cable (for the pink wire) applied inside the cowling to allow the trim data to be reported to the Garmin.

Is there a Yamaha part number for a patch cable?

2012 Yamaha F50
    Garmin Echo 73sv

TIA
    Jimmy

There is no "patch" cable. There are two single pink wires under the cowling at the front of the motor. Held together usually with yellow tape. Remove the tape, then remove the cap from each single wire and then connect those two wires together. Trim data will then go to the ECU, to the Yamaha Command Link network and then to the Garmin via the NMEA 2000 network.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      There is no "patch" cable. There are two single pink wires under the cowling at the front of the motor. Held together usually with yellow tape. Remove the tape, then remove the cap from each single wire and then connect those two wires together. Trim data will then go to the ECU, to the Yamaha Command Link network and then to the Garmin via the NMEA 2000 network.
      Thanks for the information and quick reply. I likely misunderstood what was needed. I found the wires in the included photo, the only pink wires wrapped with yellow tape.
      Last edited by Jimmy Gator; 04-29-2023, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        Thanks! that was easy enough.

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
        X