Yamaha F25 Battery CCA query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F25 Battery CCA query

I am confused about a line in the owners manual that states: "Do not use a battery which exceeds the maximum CCA rating"

Does anyone know why this would be a problem? I can see why using a battery with insufficient CCA's would be a problem but not too many CCA's. Thanks

I have no idea why that would be in there, could be a problem translating the manual to English.

Comment

I suspect the concern might have to do with overworking the voltage regulator.

Comment

So if I have a 500 CCA battery and in the manual it says Battery Rating (CCA/SAE) 245-433A MCA/ABYC 323-520A would that be OK to use

Comment

I would use a battery charger to make sure the battery is fully charged, before heading out and not depend on the small motors charging system to recharge it if you are draining it with an electric motor or a bunch of electronics

Comment

Originally posted by Clambone View Post
            So if I have a 500 CCA battery and in the manual it says Battery Rating (CCA/SAE) 245-433A MCA/ABYC 323-520A would that be OK to use
            I can't see you being over the specification by a mere 67 amps as being a problem.

Yamaha is very very conservative.

Comment

Yep, your good with that battery. Just don't do the most daily common mistake I've seen my whole life around boats.. Using deep cycle batts where they don't belong. # 1 idiot boating mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                Yep, your good with that battery. Just don't do the most daily common mistake I've seen my whole life around boats.. Using deep cycle batts where they don't belong. # 1 idiot boating mistake...
                But the batteries say "marine" so they must be ok anywhere on a boat....LOLOL......

Comment

Working...
                X