Yamaha 130 2 stroke running rough at low speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130 2 stroke running rough at low speed

I have a 2000' 130 2 stroke engine. It runs very poorly below 2000 rpm but runs great above that point. I am thinking it is a voltage problem stemming from a bad stator or Pulsar coil. I have been told this unit has a separate section for low RPM range and high rpm range. Does that relate to the Stator or the Pulsar coil. Since it runs at high RMP really well I am thinking the CDI is OK. Any advice of what to measure or change on this engine/ Thanks

Have you looked at the low/transition jets in the carbs??

what makes you think it is an electrical vs a fuel issue?

Comment

Check spark on all cylinders, look at the plugs, are they all the same? Replace them anyway, Clean carbs properly, setup correctly and go boating!

Comment

peak voltages are easy to check to rule that out.
        your service manual has the specs and procedures for this and all sorts of other things for your motor.
        you will also need a peak reading voltmeter made for testing these, or a regular meter and a DVA adapter.

Comment

Remove each idle mixture screw from top of each carb, recording the turns out from slightly seated, spray each hole with carb cleaner, then compressed air, replace screws and reset to turns out…..your idle may well improve to new specs after this is done. Seems debris can collect in the tiny orifices and screw up your idle….

Comment

It is not the idle that is the problem. It is between 1,000 - 2,000 RPM. Above that it runs like a bat out of hell.

Comment

Read post #3........

Comment

I had that done twice professonally. The engine is getting over oiled. I replaced the oil pump, adjusted it properly and still have the same problem. Does anyone know what those check valves between the oil pup and the carbs do. Can they fail and does this cause over oiling?

Comment

Working...
                X