Yamaha 70hp precision blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 70hp precision blend

Hello my oil tank somehow got water in it so I removed the oil and cleaned out the lines. Is there a procedure to bleed the oil injection system or should I just remove the gear in the oil injection system and run premix?

A line runs from the tank to the oil pump. Did you find water in that line all the way to the oil pump? Do you see any water in the lines from the oil pump to the carburetors?

Whether you did or did not it might be a good idea to remove the pump and get whatever is in it, out of it. Then reinstall the pump, fill the oil tank and then maybe run a bit of premix gasoline for a bit of time until the fresh oil can get to the oil pump and then on into the motor.

Comment

To purge/bleed. First make sure tank is clean and dry. Also the little water nipple at bottom. Disconnect oil pump rod from carbs. Hold wide open with tape/ziptie,/small bungee. Pull plugs. Crank motor till oil comes out of discharge hoses... Easy

Comment

I did don’t recall seeing any water in the lines I cleaned all the lines and the tank out. I thought for some reason this was a self bleeding model I thought I needed just run it with premix. I will follow the bleed procedure from Keith.

Comment

Both ways will work. I do it by using the pump by itself so at the same time I can ck/test pump output volume with a CC container. My customers like knowing that important measurement. Great time to ck it

Comment

Working...
          X