No Power to 2019 Yamaha 115 Outboard Engine or Tilt/Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power to 2019 Yamaha 115 Outboard Engine or Tilt/Trim

I have a 2019 Yamaha 115 OB. I was charging the batteries and then had to use jump box to try and start the boat. The battery wasn't holding a charge so I bought a replacement, The new battery has 12.6 amps so it is charged. The radio lights ect work but there is no power to the trim/tilt or the starter. I looked at the fuse box and the 50 amp main fuse was blown. I replaced it and checked the other 20 and 30 fuses which seemed all good. Still no power to the engine or the trim/tilt. What could this be? Starter solenoid, ECM or is there some other fuse or relay not located in the fuse box located on the engine. Thanks

Originally posted by Oldsilverback View Post
    I have a 2019 Yamaha 115 OB. I was charging the batteries and then had to use jump box to try and start the boat. The battery wasn't holding a charge so I bought a replacement, The new battery has 12.6 volts so it is charged. The radio lights ect work but there is no power to the trim/tilt or the starter. I looked at the fuse box and the 50 amp main fuse was blown. I replaced it and checked the other 20 and 30 fuses which seemed all good. Still no power to the engine or the trim/tilt. What could this be? Starter solenoid, ECM or is there some other fuse or relay not located in the fuse box located on the engine. Thanks
    I am guessing that the motor is an F115XX model. We are not clairvoyant and able to know exactly what model you have. They are not all the same.

Comment

Start by verifying battery voltage from the battery all the way to the engine ten pin harness connector and then on to the ten pin harness connector at the key switch. Battery voltage to the trim and tilt switch. And every connection point in between.

And don't forget to inspect the grounds.

Comment

Look for a missed wire that you didn't hook back up after replacing the battery. Not saying that's the issue - but it's a good place to start.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Engine is 2019 Yamaha F115 XB

Comment

Replaced the rectifier and no luck....maybe fuse relay box?

Comment

The rectifier/regulator can not be it.

If you started testing for voltage at the battery, following the diagram above, where did you stopping finding it?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldsilverback View Post
                Replaced the rectifier and no luck....maybe fuse relay box?
                Why did you replace the rectifier? Do the basic trouble shooting as advised, just buying parts might fix it at some point, but not before your wallet is empty......

Comment

Working...
                X