Old warning message on a new F300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old warning message on a new F300

I just picked up a new 2023 Grady White with a Yamaha F300. I was messing around on the engine monitor display and checked out the Warning Manager screen. It said there was a Check Engine warning from September 2019. This is a new 2023 boat. My two concerns are that my brand new engine (with 10 hours on it) might have a potential issue, and my brand new boat has an engine that was made in 2019. What was this engine doing for the last 4 years? For registration purposes, this is a 2023 engine, but if it was actually made 4 years ago and has been sitting in a box...that concerns me. How do I verify the manufacture date?
    Last edited by Shoulder; 04-07-2023, 09:33 AM.

What is the complete serial number of your motor? Should be on your paper work and also on a sticker on the side of the motor.

Comment

Not unusual at all for a motor made several years ago to get installed on a new boat. Motors are bought in advance for stock purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        What is the complete serial number of your motor? Should be on your paper work and also on a sticker on the side of the motor.
        The SN is 6KAX1010194

Comment

From what limited information that I have access to, it would appear to me that your motor was made after 2021.

You can call Yamaha Customer Service at (866) 894-1626 and they can tell you the exact month and year the motor was made.

Comment

Call Yamaha Customer Service at 866-894-1626 and they can tell you the month and year the motor was made. I am guessing it was made after 2021.

Comment

Ok, contacted Yamaha customer service and they verified that the engine was built July 2022. I feel much better now. However, I'm still curious about how a check engine warning shows up in the Warning Manager dated Sep 2019. The customer service person couldn't answer that one.

Comment

Beats the heck out of me as well. Software in the display would be my guess.

Not the same but take a look at any of the posts on this forum by 99yam40. He has thousands of posts. He is shown as being recently signed up.

Comment

I wonder if the display unit itself might be a 2019...like it was used on a different engine at one point and moved over to my boat...

Comment

Originally posted by Shoulder View Post
                    I wonder if the display unit itself might be a 2019...like it was used on a different engine at one point and moved over to my boat...
                    My guess too. Software updates are recorded when issued, wouldn’t dismiss this as a glitch. Probably a fault in the “first” engine that they could not clear, so swapped guage. Sorry for the touch of sinicism.
                    Last edited by zenoahphobic; 04-10-2023, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      Beats the heck out of me as well. Software in the display would be my guess.

Not the same but take a look at any of the posts on this forum by 99yam40. He has thousands of posts. He is shown as being recently signed up.
                      at first I thought you were saying I knew something about this problem, but now realize you are just refering to the glitch that shows I just signed up for this forum every time I post.

Comment

Working...
                      X