2006 Hpdi 225 alarm beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Hpdi 225 alarm beeping

I have a 2006 Yamaha 225 hpdi, my alarm is consistently beeping with the key on but the end is not running. When I was on the water the alarm started to beep while I was idling, and it probably was less than 5 minutes that I was idling for, but once I gave it gas it went away.....My oil tanks were full, and I had a steady stream of water. I have stock gauges with no warning lights.

I traced the harness from the alarm back to the engine and found nothing wrong, then I disconnect the oil float sensor wiring connector and the alarm went from a beeping sound to a steady alarm sound. I ohm out the oil float gauge and everything seems ok, but I'm not sure why the alarm would go from beeping to a steady sound if I disconnect the connector, I would of thought the alarm would have went off....... I also checked to fuel sensor connector and that didn't change anything when I disconnected it

Anybody have any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike
    Last edited by Dawnpatrol; 09-30-2015, 06:56 AM.

6-day old post and no replies?? The big 6-cyl's have a pressure relief valve in the cooling system that restricts water from leaving the heads during low speeds. It's spring loaded and opens when speed, hence water pressure, increases. Clogging and design problems plagued the OX66's and I'm not sure if it's a problem with the HPDI's but worth looking into. That's the problem with boat OEM gauges. The buzzer goes off and you don't know if the problem is oil, or temp.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
    X