2000 40hp TLRY Carbs and Jet swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 40hp TLRY Carbs and Jet swap

I have ongoing issues with the carbs on this motor and end up cleaning them more than I would like as well as other issues. I know that I have seen in the past a recommendation of swapping for the 25hp jets but I cannot find the thread . I was wondering if one of you kind souls could share with me what the recommended 25hp jets are. Thinking i might be going to 125's and ???

I thought it wat the 4 stroke 25s using the F40 jets

Comment

It was certain carbureted F40's that benefitted from larger jets. I don't recall reading of two stroke 40's being particularly problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        It was certain carbureted F40's that benefitted from larger jets. I don't recall reading of two stroke 40's being particularly problematic.
        you are right, I was wrong now that I think more on it.

OP when do you have a problem after doing a good cleaning?
        are you doing a heated sonic bath cleaning?

My C40TLRX had a high-speed mis when I got it 3rd hand.
        did not help to clean carbs, change plugs, check all peak voltages, make sure timing was in spec and advancing or change the fuel pump.
        I even replaced the CDI when I found the idle timing out of wack.
        turned out someone before I got it had drilled out the main jets,
        My guess was to try to turn it into a 50 .
        When I ran the motor with cowling off and the silencer off into the wind the miss went away, going with the wind it had the miss.
        Could not find specs on the jets so I bought one new one and then used drill bits to check the hole diameter to find the new one smaller than the old ones.
        I replaced the main jets and all is well now.

Comment

Thanks for te replies guys. Didn't know if it would help with a 2 stroke. I once read that the jets were very small and that larger jets would help. I guess I will stick to keeping them cleaner and using better fuel. Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X