Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the name

of this type of clamp?

I don’t know the name but my motor has several of them on fuel lines and some other places….always figured it was a factory installed special tool type clamp….not very good for a diy service type guy like myself….I always just replace with some other type of screw or spring loaded type clamp that I can remove and replace with a screwdriver or needle nosed pliers. Tie wrap/zip ties are pretty good for clamps but need to be checked/ replaced now and then as they deteriorate….

Comment

I’ve looked a few places but can’t find a name or brand.
      But clearly a hose crimped clamp. The material must be just soft enough, and the hose flexible enough, to enable it to be squeezed to a slightly lesser diameter to stay there.
      Or is it expanded and released. Like RobertGraham, I’ve always pryed them apart permanently distorting them open, and never reused them by squeezing them back
      Last edited by zenoahphobic; 03-27-2023, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I've seen that exact type of clamp used to secure a fuel line to a barbed fitting on an outboard motor. I tried searching for that exact clamp on numerous search engines without any luck. It seems to be a vintage clamp made of lead probably used many years ago but its weird that it seems that there is no longer any record of it. Maybe because its made of lead that the algorithms of the search engines hide its existence because lead is so deadly we humans cannot be trusted using them. But the closest clamp that resembles it that I found is called a bellows clamp that for some reason is only used on a mercruiser stern drive. The image that I found is attached. The only thing I have learned from this is that the search engines only let you see what they want you see.

Comment

Working...
        X