• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service manual

Where's best place to purchase a TSM for a 1994 200hp

www.simyamaha.com

Comment

Didn't want to drop $90, downloadable disks are cheaper, but can't seam to find 1 for my txrs

Comment

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
        Didn't want to drop $90, downloadable disks are cheaper, but can't seam to find 1 for my txrs
        You did not say that you were looking for a pdf copy. I thought you were looking for the "best" place to buy the manual.

Now we know "the rest of the story".

Yamaha does not offer downloadable service manuals. Any that you might find online are stolen data. Would you buy a lower unit knowing that it was stolen?

Comment

No , I wouldn,t buy a stolen lower unit. Big difference there.

Big company like Yamaha can't share some technical info?

They're not making enough money on their products and parts, they need to make money on product support too ?

Comment

IWATA, Japan, Aug. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. announced on August 4 that its consolidated operating income for the 2015 half year rose 41.9% from a year earlier to 69.7 billion yen.

Profit structures continued to improve in all segments.

Net sales rose 8.6% to 821.1 billion yen.

Ordinary income jumped 51.5% to 74.4 billion yen and net income soared 61.7% to 52.1 billion yen.

Comment

They're not making enough money on their products and parts, they need to make money on product support too ?
              Most companies do make money on their product support. At least Yamaha provides owner's manuals for free. Try and find one for a Mercury, Honda, or Suzuki on line. Nothing wrong with that. You can call Yamaha and get free technical support over the phone by the way. Try that with Honda or Suzuki and see what the response is (see the dealer, see the dealer, see the dealer).

If it is OK to receive stolen technical data but not a stolen lower unit, what else that Yamaha sells would be acceptable to obtain from a thief? A filter, some decals, some bolts, some spark plugs, or ???

If a thief only deals in technical data is he a lesser thief than one that deals in stolen lower units? I guess so. A Wall Street thief steals millions and he gets a reprimand. A black on the lower east side steals a bag of pot and he goes off to prison for years.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                IWATA, Japan, Aug. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. announced on August 4 that its consolidated operating income for the 2015 half year rose 41.9% from a year earlier to 69.7 billion yen.

Profit structures continued to improve in all segments.

Net sales rose 8.6% to 821.1 billion yen.

Ordinary income jumped 51.5% to 74.4 billion yen and net income soared 61.7% to 52.1 billion yen.
                Did you see where Yamaha makes most of it money? It is not from outboard motors.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Did you see where Yamaha makes most of it money? It is not from outboard motors.
                  A remarkably diverse company.

Married to a music teacher, I knew their top-quality pianos and musical instruments.

I just assumed the motorcycles were a different company with the same name... and it was decades before I noticed their outboard motors.

And snowmobiles. ATVs. Generators. Waverunners. etc

Comment

Copy-rites are in place for a lot of things that get stolen and sold to others for a profit. At least here in the States we try to enforce them even if some think they are above the law,

There are some share sites that people share info with out charging but I have no idea if it is legal as it usually says in the manuals not to copy the info

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      Copy-rites are in place for a lot of things that get stolen and sold to others for a profit. At least here in the States we try to enforce them even if some think they are above the law,

There are some share sites that people share info with out charging but I have no idea if it is legal as it usually says in the manuals not to copy the info
                      How much of the $90 bucks is profit? Way more than is reasonable. If they offered them at a fair price, people would,nt be copying their product.

Comment

How much of the $90 bucks is profit? Way more than is reasonable. If they offered them at a fair price, people would,nt be copying their product.

Hey, you have a lot more stuff than I do. Is it reasonable? Not to me. Therefore I should be able to take some of what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          Hey, you have a lot more stuff than I do. Is it reasonable? Not to me. Therefore I should be able to take some of what you have.
                          Their overpriced manual is what is creating the black market.

Even though I have plenty of money, I draw a line with what is reasonable and what isn't, that's why I have money.

$50 is what it's worth not a penny more. I'll keep looking.
                          Last edited by scofflaw; 09-29-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Maybe you have a fee phone that the rest of the working people pay for also, or maybe not.
                            $90 is less than one hour labor charge in most shops, it is not that much money now a days
                            If you own one of those holes in the water that you are suppose to throw money into called a boat, expect to spend some money.

Some libraries may have some manuals but do not expect them to have them all

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              Maybe you have a fee phone that the rest of the working people pay for also, or maybe not.
                              $90 is less than one hour labor charge in most shops, it is not that much money now a days
                              If you own one of those holes in the water that you are suppose to throw money into called a boat, expect to spend some money.

Some libraries may have some manuals but do not expect them to have them all
                              Sounds like he has a free Obama phone and a sense of entitlement to another mans property.

Comment

Working...
                              X