F115 no start....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 no start....

2004 F115 installed on 2001 remote control box. A number of times no start on engine when key is turned - nada nothing..... I ensured shift lever is in neutral. Tried moving lever while key tirned to start - still nothing. Suspect main neutral switch assy or main switch assy. Any other suggestions.

You can use a test light to check for voltage at brown wire at key switch going to control box with key in start position if no voltage there key switch is bad, then test for voltage at brown coming out of control box and going to main wiring harness, no voltage there then neutral safty switch in control box is bad

Comment

Thanks much. I opened the box and checked for loose connections and tested continuity through the idle switch as well as the start position of the key switch. My goodness - how do they fit all those wires in that thing ? It appears that yellow out of the switch is the start position and brown through the idle switch provides a make/break ground. Motor started about 50 times in a row after I reassembled it. The no start condition intermitently seems to appear only after running the engine for some time and let it sit - like the amount of time it takes to land a halibut or salmon.... High pucker factor when you are 24 miles out at sea when the motor doesn't turn over. I'm beginning to think motor but not sure where to look on that beast - new with 40hrs on it.

Comment

The yellow wire is 12 volts with key on and the brown is the start circuit wire 12 volts with key in start position it goes from key switch through neutral safty switch to starter relay, the neutral safty switch simple completes the circuit it does not make/break ground.
        The key switch, neutral safty and main wiring harness are the most common problems, if the key switch and neutral switch check ok then check main harness, since the F115 has the wires and cables entering cowling at the opposite side it might have broken the wire inside harness, try turning steering wheel back and forth or moving wire harnes around at motor while testing start circuit to see if wire is broke at motor

Comment

2001 f115 turns over then backfires

I have changed fuel tank,fuel filter, vst tank filter screen ,needle and seat was very clean, good voltage to fuel pumps plenty of pressure.
          I have had the fuel injectors rebuilt and flow tested all are at full 64percent. put it all back together turned the key to prime the system and turned it over engine it grumbled and backfired 1 pop. turned the key again it grumbled and backfired. Now what?

Comment

Start your own thread with all the info, this one is old and dead

Comment

Working...
            X