Requesting Help Locating Internal Anode for 2019 Yamaha F40LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Help Locating Internal Anode for 2019 Yamaha F40LA

I have a question regarding my 2019 Yamaha F40LA internal anodes. My motor serial # is 6BGK-1002641.

According to the schematic below, it appears that I have five (5) internal anodes.

Four of these anodes (internal) are the same part number:
    1. Located adjacent to each spark plug, and the bottom of the water channel ( near the oil filter).
      1. These are very easily identifiable and accessible.

The part #, for these anodes, is 6G8-11325-00-00 (as per the drawing below).

My question centers on the fifth anode, part # 62Y-11325-00-00 (circled in red and item #14 in the schematic).

This anode is in a different location and appears to be an older generation style anode. I do not know how to access it.
    1. I am assuming the lower unit needs to be removed to access the anode.

Appreciate any insight regarding how to access this anode and remove/inspect it.

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Looks to me like it is right below the bottom cowling. The side panels might need to be removed to see and to gain access to it.

Comment

Boscoe, thanks for the reply!!

Just wondering how the side panels can be removed? I am assuming the side panels are the apron that extends from the lower cowling??

Sorry for my lack of knowledge. The other 4 were easy to find. This one seems to be hidden in a manner that is difficult to access.

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Panels, aprons, chaps all same same.

Comment

Why would a a 3 year old anode need to be replaced already? …..

Comment

Inspection I would imagine. Replacement if necessary.

Comment

I reviewed the service manual. This anode appears to require the exhaust manifold and oil pan to be removed. I asked about it for inspection. I inspected the other 4 and they were fine. But accessing this one is unreal. All this work to inspect this anode located in this difficult area to access.

This is what the manual shows (picture attached).

Please advise if this is the only way to inspect this anode, for this motor. It is crazy that they would place an anode in an area that is so difficult to access for routine inspection.

I hope all that is necessary is just removing the 6 bolts to remove the muffler (step # 1). Then the anode may be accessed. I just need someone to explain (that has worked on this motor). Otherwise, the dealer is the only option for this one.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it at all. If the other four anodes were fine that will give you clear indication that this one is fine as well. Why Yamaha put it in such a crappy location to get at is anyone's guess.
                I certainly wouldn't be hauling apart your engine to that degree just to get a look at that anode.

Comment

Jeez louize.

The anode is attached to the exhaust manifold. The lower cowling and the block sit on the exhaust manifold. The exhaust manifold and parts below are surrounded by the aprons.

Remove the apron and there are the bolts holding the anode in place.

To quote dearly departed Rodbolt "this is not rocket science".

Comment

If the service manual is that misunderstood, then yes, the motor absolutely positively must be looked at by a dealer mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by byron.akhavi@gmail.com View Post
                      I reviewed the service manual. This anode appears to require the exhaust manifold and oil pan to be removed. I asked about it for inspection. I inspected the other 4 and they were fine. But accessing this one is unreal. All this work to inspect this anode located in this difficult area to access.

This is what the manual shows (picture attached).

Please advise if this is the only way to inspect this anode, for this motor. It is crazy that they would place an anode in an area that is so difficult to access for routine inspection.

I hope all that is necessary is just removing the 6 bolts to remove the muffler (step # 1). Then the anode may be accessed. I just need someone to explain (that has worked on this motor). Otherwise, the dealer is the only option for this one.

Thanks for your assistance.
                      Remove the damn aprons.

Comment

Comment

I will remove the apron and inspect. The manual only references removing the exhaust manifold and oil pan. I can do this, but it will take time and seems to be excessive. The manual does not mention just removing the apron.

Thanks for your feedback. Removing the apron is simple enough.

Comment

The manual is written for a knowledgeable mechanic that has been trained by Yamaha. It is not written for us, the average Joes.

Comment

Removing an apron is a lot simpler and easier than removing the power plant to get to an oil pan.

Comment

Working...
                              X