Yamaha 50 6H5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 50 6H5

I am looking at a used motor serial# L410335 and wondering what year it was manufactured. Anyone? Thanks, Pete

Is this a model that was sold in the USA? If so, what is the complete model identity?

Comment

Other than model 50 6H5 (sold in USA) and serial #, what info is needed and where would it be found?

Comment

There should be some letters after the number 50. On the same data plate where the pid is located.

Comment

The plate reads 50 DETO.

Comment

Nearest I can find is a 50 DEPO 6H5, serial range starting 410101. That makes that particular model a 1984 longshaft. No mention at all as to what country or continents it was produced in.

Comment

That was more than I could come up with.

But according to Yamaha USA data (parts catalog) a 50DETO was not offered here in the states. Other models with the 6H5 prefix but not a 50DETO model.

Comment

I rechecked the plate and it is definitely DETO, and was sold here in Tennessee USA. It appears that Yamaha's records are less than complete. Thanks for your efforts guys.

Comment

More than likely it was originally purchased outside of the US and then somehow made its way here into the states. Not uncommon at all.

And more than likely if you need spare parts most any part that will fit a circa 1984 50 HP two stroke might be one and the same that is used on your motor.

Comment

Originally posted by PKYeomans;111258[U
                    was sold here in Tennessee USA[/U].
                    when was it sold and was it new when it was 1st sold in USA?

Comment

The current owner says it was purchased locally new around 1988/89, but who really knows. Glad to know that parts may be available although it does not need anything now.

Comment

Working...
                      X