Yamaha F150 silencer assembly pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F150 silencer assembly pipe

I have a 2007 Yamaha F150 and in doing some routine maintenance I discovered that the Silencer Pipe is missing from my silencer, and I can't seem to locate the loose pipe anywhere (see red arrow in the pic).

Is this an issue? I'm not even sure what it does!

Thanks in advance.

looks like it comes off of the top of the VST, so my guess is that any vapors vented off from the top of the VST would be routed to the intake for the motor to burn them

Comment

I just had that silencer off last Friday on my '06 F150 to replace the balancer.

Mine doesn't have that tube and looking at the parts diagram, the tube isn't there, apparently added in '07 models.

With that said, if your engine is a late build '06 labeled an '07, you may not have one...

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        I just had that silencer off last Friday on my '06 F150 to replace the balancer.

Mine doesn't have that tube and looking at the parts diagram, the tube isn't there, apparently added in '07 models.

With that said, if your engine is a late build '06 labeled an '07, you may not have one...

you had to replace your balancer again?
        thought you had already put the updated one on it.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I think my engine doesn't have one. I have since found that some parts diagrams show it without the pipe, and some with. So I'll forget about it!

Comment

Go to Yamaha USA's website at www.yamahaoutboards.com

Open the outboard parts section. Type your engine serial number at the top of the page. Hit enter.

You will be taken to the specific parts catalog for your model. If no pipe is shown, your motor did not come with one. If a pipe is shown, but you don't have one, it is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

you had to replace your balancer again?
              thought you had already put the updated one on it.
              Yep... I put a type 4 on it about 5 years ago...

It started squeaking at idle, like a slipping V-belt. I had a mechanic come over to replace the belt, but we both agreed (after hearing it in the water),
              the noise was from the balancer...

We didn't replace the belt (still looked brand new).

Ordered a new one (about $450) and pulled the "old" balancer.

The only difference I could see is the new one had maybe .003" gear lash between the two meshing gears.
              The noisy one wasn't binding or anything but definitly had no lash/play between the gears..

I'm wondering now if the last 5 year old balancer was a type 3 (box was labeled a type 4).

I wouldn't think you could even buy a type 3 five years ago, but ???

Cranked up the motor, quiet as mouse! (That's also after several drive shaft re-grease jobs, the last using OMC's Triple Guard)...

Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
              X