Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cats

Hi, Thought I'd share this with anyone that likes a Can do vessel, as a Captain with over 2K POB's on my vessels from Alaska to Panama, With Hawaii tossed in. 38 winters in south Baja mexico.
    got to Cabo with my first drivers license in winter 77/78. My last two boats were 28' & 26'/11 ft beam flybridge. Biggest I've run was a 120' with 41 POB. Gore point area Alaska. But,, my most beloved boat (no kids, wife anymore) is a 20 ft twin outboard, fiberglass catermaran..Fast, eats rough water and Wind. Lots of room, Soft ride in the Snot,I get to laugh at Boston's, Grady's in the snot... So go to YouTube And look at "MOOSE BOATS" vids.. BTW they stopped selling to us mere mortals. Have to be police, Fire, military, SAR and so forth.. "You don't stop dancing because your getting old.. Your getting old because you stopped dancing"

I have owned small cats (under 23') since the late '70s, very popular out here.

Comment

Hi, ausnoelm. And you think I'm nuts.
      ur right, rite, wright !!
      . drove a 23' RV with 16 ft cat (livingston) on a trailer to Coastal Rica and back after a YR of trying to make a buck with 3 boats. Had fun. But not much "Plata" what was the brand of ur cat.. I will tell u most cats are set up wrong and the owner's drive um like a mono. With a proper set cat, trimmed for the load and sea's (Spent my life on her) u can give the helm to a 10 YR old. Just so u know I can read a 300 page book in a day with very good recall. But I don't write ( no shit, sherlock) don't have to. I do cash. Except for insurance jobs I dont have to fill out a work order...as far as OXSEA's,,,, that's a story for another day

Comment

Most popular cats out here are Noosa cat, Kevlacats and old Shark Cats, I believe the Kevlacat didn't get accepted too well in the US, plus poor construction from contractors gave them a very bad name, but here, they are top tier boats.

Comment

I never heard of a Noosa, the US is So behind in everything... Are U down under ?? If so your are aware of Thunder cats and DUX's. Those look like a hoot !! 1YR I hired/took on the couple from "The land down under" to stay with my dogs and gear on a amazing arroyo beach camp spot.. Baja sur mexico. We started off as a week gig,, nope,, turned into a month.. And that Aussie girl could out drink me !!! Live Coral reef & cleaning BIG, Fresh., Yellow tail,, yellow fin,, my dogs ate BBQ do do's for weeks. A few Striper marlins that I gave to the local food shak

Comment

Yes, Thundercats are great fun, they race them in the surf here (in Australia) not too sure the US is behind with much....but cats have been used and developed here since about the very late '60s but got really going in about the late '70s when a single factory started up (Sharkcat) a decade or so later lots of other brands tried the market, but most fizzled out because of limited buying population. Noosa cat bought out Sharkcat and are still going, Kevlacat are still going, and a couple of small time custom builders, plus a few Aluminium brands.

Comment

Let's try this. Damn, By juv,, I think I got it. Anyone want to race ?? Let's wait till 2 o'clock when the wind and waves are up.. Well, not very clear . shoot !! BTW I'm standing on the tunnel. I'm not that tall, LOL. 5'11" that pic always makes me laugh. Looked at the Noosa's.. sweet. Once you run a good cat,, you don't even look at mono's. I demand a soft,dry, fast, stable, efficient, responsive, capable boat that can handle any sea and conditions. Anyone look at the MOOSE vids ?? Raining in Monterey ca. with floods
              Last edited by Keithbaja; 01-13-2023, 05:48 PM.

Comment

local PD here has a Moose boat. been on it several times even responded to SAR on it before. Pretty cool boat.

Comment

Working...
                X