Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 225 VZ 225TLR No spark on #1 and #5

Motor starts and I found no spark on #1 and #5
    Tried swapping coils and still no spark.
    Good comp 120 all 6 Fuel pressure 55#
    Plugs ok
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

HPDI motors do not fire those while in neutral

Comment

As mentioned, they do not fire those plugs in neutral, if they never fire (even in gear) then the shift switch (on the motor end) is faulty or out of adjustment.

Comment

So if I start it and put it in gear it should fire those cyl.
        I'll remove the prop.
        Any reason why they do that?
        Thanks

Started it and tested spark in gear both 1 and 5 have spark.
        This has been quite a learning experience.

NOW!!when put in gear low speed still rough then as the rpms pick up it accelerates up and down by its self.
        No water in the fuel.
        Last edited by jerryjerry05; 01-09-2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Figured out the 1/5 no fire. In gear they fire.
            The problem now is the motor as I rev it up it goes fast then slow then fast and slow again. Does this real quick.
            Pull back to N and it idles not great but it idles.
            Set the TPS at 5 5.1
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
              Figured out the 1/5 no fire. In gear they fire.
              The problem now is the motor as I rev it up it goes fast then slow then fast and slow again. Does this real quick.
              Pull back to N and it idles not great but it idles.
              Set the TPS at 5 5.1
              Thanks
              what does Set the TPS at 5 5.1 mean?

does the Fuel pressure you are reading stay steady while this problem happens?
              what is the rail pressure doing also

are you charging people to work on their motors that you know nothing about and have no manuals or test equipment for?

Comment

The TPS is set at .05 volt to .051 volt
                Nope not charging, friends new(used) boat.His name is Mohammad and is from some country in Africa.
                Studying to be a tractor trailer driver and doesn't have a lot of $$
                He can't afford the 115$ hr the dealer charges.
                I retired 2008
                I've worked on boats since 86 Factory trained Volvo, Mercruiser,, OMC Cobra and Mercury, Force outboards.
                I know enough to do some things just not trained in Yam.I can get a lot done with an analog DVA meter.
                Last edited by jerryjerry05; 01-09-2023, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Does the motor rev up and down on the flusher, out of the water, or under load running in the water?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
                    The TPS is set at .05 volt to .051 volt
                    Nope not charging, friends new(used) boat.His name is Mohammad and is from some country in Africa.
                    Studying to be a tractor trailer driver and doesn't have a lot of $$
                    He can't afford the 115$ hr the dealer charges.
                    I retired 2008
                    I've worked on boats since 86 Factory trained Volvo, Mercruiser,, OMC Cobra and Mercury, Force outboards.
                    I know enough to do some things just not trained in Yam.I can get a lot done with an analog DVA meter.
                    you need to find out what the rail pressure is doing.
                    I believe Rodbolt said in the past you could measure electrical sending unit to come up with pressure, but not sure where or how.
                    either that or get the proper software to read it all with a laptop

Comment

Working on it on the trailer and using the muffs or the flusher.
                      Thanks

Talking to the owner and he says they were running it on the water and it was running good.
                      Then he says something about running dirty/bad fuel and it started running bad.
                      Next step is checking filter in the vapor separator
                      Thanks for all the help. Gonna take a break and go fishing.

Comment

there are filter screens in the high pressure pump and injectors also that could be a problem since they ran bad fuel.
                        if you can get rail pressure readings it would help narrow down where to look

Comment

Testing out of the water is next to useless, it needs to be under load to really see if it's "running rough"

Comment

Working...
                          X