X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water not coming from pee tube.

2003 Yam 200TXRB About 300 hrs.
    Motor starts and runs fine.
    No water from pee tube, even if taken loose at the rectifier.
    Tried weed eater string up in the rectifier and nothing.
    Should I try taking the rectifier apart?
    Owner says the impeller was changed last year???

Would this make the cylinders overheat? Temp was high on the center cyl. 190d. 150-60 on the others.
    THANKS!!​

The assumption is that you tested the motor before you bought it. Has anything changed since you bought it? How much use has it had since you bought it? Shallow water?

Use muffs and watch for the amount of water squirting out around the muffs, before you start the engine, to lessen after you start it. This will at least tell you if water is being drawn in by the impeller.

You could also remove a t-stat and see if water is making it up to there.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

What type of 200TXRB?

F200TXRB, Z200TXRB, LZ200TXRB?

If water is not flowing out of the rectifier/regulator then go to the input of the rectifier/regulator and see if there is water TO the device. If there is water flow to the rectifier/regulator but not from the rectifier/regulator then yes it needs to be opened up to remove whatever is clogging it.

A lack of water flowing from the tell tale will not cause a cylinder to over heat but it can damage the rectifier/regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
        2003 Yam 200TXRB About 300 hrs.
        Motor starts and runs fine.
        No water from pee tube, even if taken loose at the rectifier.
        Tried weed eater string up in the rectifier and nothing.
        Should I try taking the rectifier apart?
        Owner says the impeller was changed last year???

Would this make the cylinders overheat? Temp was high on the center cyl. 190d. 150-60 on the others.
        THANKS!!​
        might try some compressed air to see if that moves something out of the way

Comment

Thanks, Dennis: not my motor a friend is trying to sell the boat. He stated that it "worked one time, not the next"
          Bosco: F200TXRB
          I'm gonna talk him into a new impeller so i can check the mid section for corrosion.
          THANKS!!

Comment

Thanks, Dennis: not my motor a friend is trying to sell the boat. He stated that it "worked one time, not the next"
            Bosco: F200TXRB
            I'm gonna talk him into a new impeller so i can check the mid section for corrosion.
            THANKS!!
            OK, ask him the question about shallow water and/or for more info on what happened/usage between working/not working. There may be an answer to his problem in his answer to the questions

Have him observe the water "squirtage" that I mentioned and post back. That will help narrow things down.

Comment

as boscoe mentioned find out if there is water flow out of the block heading to the R&R, if not use some compressed air or hard wire to see if it can loosen things up

Comment

The muffs are on tight, the exhaust from the prop has a lot of water with it.

Comment

The muffs are on tight, the exhaust from the prop has a lot of water with it.
                  OK, your impeller is good and there IS actually water flowing through the engine, then. That eliminates that line of thinking as a cause. Thanks for the follow up on that.

Comment

Pulled the reg and found sand and gunk blocking the system.
                    Tried to flush and had good results after cleaning.
                    My guess, two things: not flushing long enough or not flushing often enough.

Thanks everyone for the help.
                    I'm done with this post.

Comment

Working...
                    X