2006 F250TXR issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F250TXR issue

Hey folks, this is my first thread here. I have 2 06’ F250TXR’s with 1185 hrs. Both run strong, about 100 hours ago I had a code 72 come up, “port internal CAM position sensor”, cleared the code with YDS and it came back shortly after. Swapped sensor with other engine and code followed so I changed the sensor. 40hrs later the same code came back with a brand new sensor. Did some reading on the hull truth and guys on there mentioned swapping all three CAM sensors at the same time is what it took to fix there problem. Swapped all 3 with known good sensors from a spare engine, another 40hrs and code came back. It also has a backfire on startup, the engine seems to turn over a little slower than the port engine and backfires once as soon as it fires up. The timing belts have not been changed so I’ll be pulling the flywheels to inspect all the timing marks. Any ideas on what my problem could be? Sounding to me like a harness or ECM issue but the backfire and slow cranking has me wondering. I’ve also swapped battery cables from port engine to rule out cabling, wire connections and battery problems, also cleaned all connections when I swapped them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Side note- when code is active there is no performance changes, just more water out of that exhaust and idle is raised to 8-900rpm from the usual 600rpm

I hope someone with the proper experience with your motors will drop in and give you some advice soon.
    this forum has been down for some time and just came back online, so not as many people have been looking
    do not give up, it just may take awhile

Comment

99yam40 thanks for the insight, I’m hoping someone can chime in for some help. I’ll be patient. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X