• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 50 lpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqrCXyzzXnE

I like it.

Comment

On an efficient, clean-burning modern 4 stroke outboard what do you gain for the extra plumbing and LPGas operation?....just curious...

Comment

No sync and link!! No crusty carbs with blocked jets either!! And, you can grill lunch on the boat!!!

For the op, I know the top RPMs are at 6k, how does the engine feel performance wise, acceleration, etc, about the same, better, etc?

Slick engineering too..

Ah, its Almetelo, he found that video, no answers. No hot lunch either!!
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-14-2015, 05:48 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Wonder if Yamaha or others may make an LPG motor available as a new motor?...

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
            Wonder if Yamaha or others may make an LPG motor available as a new motor?...
            That would be nice... Thats the reason I posted this video

Here a liter of LPG is less than half the price of gasoline!!!

Bottles of LPG on the boat doesn´t look good to me but this have to start somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
              That would be nice... Thats the reason I posted this video

Here a liter of LPG is less than half the price of gasoline!!!

Bottles of LPG on the boat doesn´t look good to me but this have to start somewhere...
              Well, maybe the LPG tank/bottle can't be a lot more hazardous than a 12 gallon gas tank sitting back there....we're just accustomed to the gas tanks...Of course, the LPG tank would need to be secured and protected from the elements??

Comment

LPG would also need added security from backyardigan mods,dumb folks with tool boxes and idiots.
                I can see it now, the guy trying to fuel his 100 gallon LPG tank under the deck feeding twin 200's.

Comment

Yep, I'm confident there'd be a learning curve....

Comment

Anyone know the BTU difference between LPG and gasoline?
                    I have a feeling gas has more ,, but not sure.
                    Defiantly LPG is better for long term storage

Seems like LPG here is sold by the pound not the gallon so kind of hard to compare prices.

Right now Regular unleaded is going for $1.85@ gal around here.
                    A 25 or 30 lb tank of LPG is around $15 where you drop off your empty and pick up a full one. I am not sure what it costs to have your tank refilled though

I looked it up
                    1 gallon of
                    propane has
                    73% of the
                    energy of one
                    gallon of
                    gasoline.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/fue...ison_chart.pdf
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 09-16-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

We tried LP gas about 2 decades ago in the city vehicles we used. The tank literally took up the entire trunk of a full sized police car.

We had issues and when a captain's car wouldn't run for an emergency, they got $hit canned real quick(dodge diplomats maybe??)-way before FI...

Technology has advanced, but till you can fill up WITHOUT DRIVING the cage to get a full tank, that's a major issue...
                      Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                      X