S150TXRU not smooth between 19-24 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S150TXRU not smooth between 19-24 rpm

Hi guys, I dont know how to describe this precisely but my Yamaha 150 does not like to maintain the rpm's between 1900-2400 rpm , anything under or above that it runs fine, but if I throttle to 19 it jumps to 23,24 and then back down and then up again, making it impossible to ***** at those digits, any suggestion?
    The previous owner had the carbs serviced last October and I bought it in April . I have noticed the issue since I took it out the first time.

thanks in advance for any help.

if I am careful with my jack plate,trim and trim tabs I can keep my boat on plane at 1800 RPM. some hulls simply wont stay on plane at 2400 RPM and as the hull settles back down it loads the motor down.

I gotta ask what the sheet are you *****ing for at that speed .

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      if I am careful with my jack plate,trim and trim tabs I can keep my boat on plane at 1800 RPM. some hulls simply wont stay on plane at 2400 RPM and as the hull settles back down it loads the motor down.

I gotta ask what the sheet are you *****ing for at that speed .
      thanks for the reply, I dont think the problem is with the hull, even when i put it on neutral and give it gas the same problem happens at the exact same rpms.

Here in South Florida we have a strong north current at the depths I ***** for wahoo, so to compensate I have to give it more gas when *****ing south..

Comment

ok.
        I would check the fuel pumps, and go back through the link and synch then open up the carbs.
        electrical issues are very rare on that engine.

Comment

thanks bud. Ill check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X