Digital Speedo and Tach problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Speedo and Tach problem

First off, I'd like to say thanks for adding me and allowing me to post in this forum. I am new to outboards and have a bunch of questions. I have a 97' Ranger Cherokee 207 with a P115TLRU Yamaha outboard. My speedo and tach both power up, but both need replaced or fixed. I have the digital multifunction gauges. I'm not sure on the part numbers because I've seen so many different ones. The speedo has a busted lcd and it is leaking black half way down the display, the tach is just so dim it is illegible. I was wondering if anyone might have a good set of these for sale, if someone could point me in a direction to buy a good used set, or if someone knew a place that could fix or repair the ones I have. Thanks so much!
    Attached Files

welcome!
    have you checked Ebay? some of these older model tach/speedo are getting harder to find. Maybe some of the superseded current tach would work.
    I`m sure someone will chime in soon...
    02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
    02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

I checked Ebay. Found a couple used ones but cant ever get an answer on if they work or not. I'm kinda partial to the look of the ones I have now so if someone could fix them it'd be great. If not I'll buy newer ones but I'd like to keep the wiring as simple as possible. Plug n play if I can. Thanks!

Comment

No known source of repair that I know of. Remove and replace.

Any Yamaha digital multi-function speedometer will work in the place of the one that you have.

When it comes to the digital multi-function tachometer you want the type that has two ivory coloured square four pin connectors coming from the back. In addition to some single wires. Just don't get the type that has but one ivory coloured square four pin connector.

2015_Yamaha_MRP

2015_Yamaha_MRP

Comment

Thanks. I'll check to see exactly which one I have and let you know for sure in case I might run into problems. Is there a cheap place to get these from? maybe a good boat scrapyard or aftermarket shop?

Comment

Ebay seems to be the best bet for cheap.

Comment

Working...
            X