Injector fuel line issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector fuel line issues

I've got twin Yamaha F50H's (2017) on my commercial fishing catamaran. Recently port engine has been losing revs and sometimes stalling when at cruising speed, usually around 4000-4500rpm and when under heavy load. I've replaced VST filter as well as all other fuel filters and had injectors serviced by local Yam dealer, and I thought problem was solved but it did it again today.

I noticed that the fuel line that goes from the high pressure fuel pump/VST tank to the injector rail does not seem to be as securely fastened as the other (starboard) engine. In the attached photo, you can see the red clip at the top. This clip doesn't appear to be gripping properly any more. When I pump the fuel bulb at the tank fuel leaks out of that join. Which I guess would explain why the engine lost power today when under heavy load. I have used a cable tie to try and secure it but don't think the grip is that great. I don't think that this was the original problem (VST filter probably did need changing) but in fixing that one I have created a new issue. When dealing with the injectors, is there a special way to deal with those clips? I think I was probably too rough when I took it off to send the injectors away to be serviced, I thought it would be easier just to leave them attached to the rail but in hindsight I guess I should have left it in place and pulled just the injectors individually.

My main question is, has anyone had a similar issue with these clips, and if so how did you fix it? From what I can see on parts diagrams you have to buy the whole section of hose from the injector rail to the fuel pump. Which would cost £100+ !!!

Thanks in advance.

One ear Oetiker clamps. Also for marine fuel lines there are special zip ties that are curved instead of the normal square head zip ties.
    . Leaves a true 360 degree ID connector.

Comment

Yes, either Oetiker clamps (sometimes referred to as "ear" clamps). You'll need the crimp tool for those clamps. Or, try the "fuel line" (auto or marine - makes no difference) zip ties. However, in the meantime, try two zip ties rotated 180* to each other.

Maybe a local Yamaha dealer has a supply of those clips?
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
      X