Oil change F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil change F250

So it came time again for an oil change on my 2007 F250. If anyone has found a way to do this without making a mess, It would be great if you explained step by step ... I have searched the forum and came up empty handed .
    I have tried several different " tricks" but the end result is always a mess... 40 minutes for the oil change and an hour + for clean up. My mess is at the filter and at the drain plug ...

If any one has found a good way to do this ... HELP !!

suck the oil out instead of pulling the plug.
    not sure where the filter is, but would tilting the motor a certain way help limit spillage?

Comment

Grass hopper... Plastic bottle trimmed with a very thin blade...Easy.

Comment

Keithbaja..... thank you ...would you be so kid as to elaborate ..... I find catching the oil at the drain plug is messy and the front mounted filter is a disaster ... I have tried different tilt positions ...rags stuffed in .... someone mentioned punching a hole in the top of the filter ... I have never been able to find " the disposable funnel" ...(if that even works !!) So how are u removing the filter if you have it enclosed in a plastic bottle.... please explain .... many thanks

Comment

One of a 100 reasons I don't like four stroke outboards. Any way if you take the right size plastic ( water bottle) and cut it to size. It sure helps keep the mess down or eliminate the problem.. Anyone here know about the new two stroke diesel outboards ??? 1/3 the fuel consumption. Pricey though. Four stroke outboards are WEAK !!

Comment

I have the same engine. If i ever meet the SOB that designed this I’m going to Will Smith him into next week. Check out Form A Funnel. You can get them on Amazon but i found it cheaper in other places. Tilt the motor up some and use something as a catch can. Wife’s Tupperware works pretty good. You can slip the end of the funnel directly under the filter. For me this has least amount of mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
              One of a 100 reasons I don't like four stroke outboards. Any way if you take the right size plastic ( water bottle) and cut it to size. It sure helps keep the mess down or eliminate the problem.. Anyone here know about the new two stroke diesel outboards ??? 1/3 the fuel consumption. Pricey though. Four stroke outboards are WEAK !!
              Just looked at them last week. look pretty good but look at the weight compared to a gasser.... The 4 strokes I have are far from weak.

Comment

I'm 63 and a Master Tech. U don't sea all issues I sea with four strokes. Higher maintenance,, cost, weight, many many more parts. There is good reason we have been running two strokes on boats since day one.. These have been shoved down are throat. I understand you spent a lot of money and to convince yourself about four strokes are great. Hell,, just read this blog. Besides "Marine 7" all outboard races are two strokes. Fact. Carry on. I'll just keep my professional thoughts to myself. BTW, the four strokes lasted 1 or 2 YRs most for the panga guys in mexico. They went back to 2 strokes.. G'day

Comment

I'm 63 and a Master Tech. U don't sea all issues I sea with four strokes. Higher maintenance,, cost, weight, many many more parts. There is good reason we have been running two strokes on boats since day one.. These have been shoved down are throat. I understand you spent a lot of money and to convince yourself about four strokes are great. Hell,, just read this blog. Besides "Marine 7" all outboard races are two strokes. Fact. Carry on. I'll just keep my professional thoughts to myself. BTW, the four strokes lasted 1 or 2 YRs most for the panga guys in mexico. They went back to 2 strokes.. G'day
                  Here we go again, big noting himself!
                  Why don’t you just give the OP a more detailed description of an exact fashioned bottle for this engine instead of going on about two strokes and extraneous BS.
                  We now live in a world where two strokes are no longer in cars and no longer in motorcycles, your point is not argued that four strokes are more complex and costly; but they are just doing fine in cars and bikes! Unless you haven’t noticed.

Comment

I'm not noting myself. But I think he should be aware of what I do.. God,, get a grip !!

Comment

I'm not noting myself. But I think he should be aware of what I do.. God,, get a grip !!
                      Yes, but you were giving your ” credentials” and “professional” advice on using a discarded water bottle FGS! , without any “professional” elaboration so it was just a broad suggestion (that the OP and most people are aware of anyway).

Comment

Well, butt wipe. You do it better. Please !

Comment

Why do you need to call me “ but wipe”?

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
                            Why do you need to call me “ butt wipe”?
                            Never been called that before.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

Never been called that before.
                              He’s back and helpful as always. Calling BS on the Master Tech credentials. Remember, this guy couldn’t offer advice on removing an F300 flywheel. Yes, I’m sure a proper size bottle cut lengthwise would work, I’ve heard that trick before. You may have to trim here and there to get the best fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X