X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DennisG01
    replied
    Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    I am not really familure with tiller motors, but I thought they had a starting position you were supposed to put the throttle to when starting.
    you have motor model info you can share?
    I was wondering the same thing. Assuming this is a carb'd engine, advancing the throttle to the "start" position (and/or use of the choke) is how every tiller handle words that I've ever used. BUT... I've never used anything larger than 20HP.

Going further on this theory... maybe the shop adjusted it so it's "correct"? In other words, before it would have already been in the start position and had been running with higher RPM's than it should in neutral because it was always advanced.

Leave a comment:

• 99yam40
    replied
    I am not really familure with tiller motors, but I thought they had a starting position you were supposed to put the throttle to when starting.
    you have motor model info you can share?

Leave a comment:

• Username1
    replied
    Engine was at the shop due to cooling system lines being blocked up with oyster shells because the jet sucks stuff into the cooling lines which clogs them and then the engine gets hot and vaporizes the gas in the very narrow gas lines. The mechanic had to take the engine all apart to find the blockage. I noticed the jam nut was not snug too - good observation.

Leave a comment:

• 99yam40
    replied
    Looks like the jam nut is not even jammed up to that gray piece for some reason.
    why was it at the dealer and what did they do to it?

if talking about the plastic piece over the little ball type of stud, yes it just pops off of there

Leave a comment:

• robert graham
    replied
    1/4 inch sounds reasonable but maybe 1/8 inch or less would be better for good throttle control….should be easy enough to take some play out of it and see how it feels?….

Leave a comment:

• Username1
    replied
    I assumed it was an adjustment issue with the tension on the throttle. If I turn the throttle on the tiller a 1/4 inch it starts to pull on the components that give fuel to the engine and the engine starts. Do you think it is something esle?

Leave a comment:

• robert graham
    replied
    It should just pop off with a small screwdriver….but do you actually have a problem requiring adjustment?…..

Leave a comment:

• Username1
    started a topic Handle Required to Start

Handle Required to Start

Got my 4 year old 60/40 Jet with a tiller back from the dealer and now to get it started I have to turn the gas on the tiller a quarter of an inch. I followed the throttle cable to a grey piece of plastic - see attached. I assume if I pop off the plastic piece and then tighten or sinch it up that will take out the slack. My question is: Does anyone know if the grey piece of plastic is a pressure fit? Does it just pop off? Don't want to break it.
    Attached Files
Working...
X