Tilt and trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt and trim

I have a 2005 150 4 stroke, when raising my motor it malfunctions sometimes, not all the times, when it happens neither the engine switch or front switch will work, I hear the relay clicking and eventually it works, the pumps are not making any strange noises and have not seen any leaks, can the relay work and sometimes not work, connections are tight but I have not checked the connection on the trim motor, any help would be appreciated

Relays can wear out. They can still physically "click", but the contact patch inside the unit gets degraded/smaller... which means it can pass voltage, but not enough amperage to power the accessory.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

may be a stupid question but when looking for the relay I find a main relay on the left side as you look from the rear toward the front of the engine, does it work the starter as well as the tilt and trim

Comment

No their separate the bigger one is tilt trim smaller one on bottom is the start solenoid

Comment

thank you for the response

Comment

Pic's of my 2006 F150 T & T relay that went bad. Pay attention to the contacts.
            Exact same issue.
            ​​​​​​​

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X