carburetor parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburetor parts

Were can i get theses carburetor parts at for 1988 yamaha 70 hp etlg ? Says discontinued. ..
    since I was told choke solenoid being unhooked isn't the cause of my flooding of top carburetor I need to find these two parts as can't seem to find . Main jet, and jet needle as these did not come with rebuild kit and are only 2 parts that have not been changed so I'm assuming that one of these is failing causing my flooding .any part #s help too
    jet needle #6h3 14947 02 00 ?
    main jet #150?
    Still chasing the problem..

Is there anywere to get this part? #6H3-14947-02-00 Jet needle. ..
    After market anywere. Boat won't go. Floods out...
    Last edited by chummy70; 09-08-2015, 04:30 PM. Reason: add more info

were do I go

I can get parts for model t but can't get a jet needle for yamaha 1988 70 hp etlg?
    Can anyone help on part? find it hard to believe you can't get this part ..
    Help anyone. ..

Comment

Try looking at the next years model 70. The carburetors are one and the same part number (1988 and 1989) and the jet for the 1989 carburetor is available. Tells me that the updated jet part number will fit your carburetor.

1989 70ETLF Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

If you want to try aftermarket stuff you can send your existing jet to this company and see if they can supply a replacement

Jets for keihin, mikuni, hitachi, holley carbs

Comment

chaseing ghost's

main jets may come lose..but never "wear" out !! they may have been reamed or changed before you..and all carbs do not always have the main size jets..so they can get switched by a ____ tech/mech... I have never seen a jet to be the problem of "flooding" more like junk..even a speck of dust,,bad or incorrectly adjusted float,,high fuel pressure (rare) and the "hooK" on the wrong side of float tang...ex weber dealer and tech for the centrail coast.and have done 100 and 100's of carb on a pro level and I always turn carb upside down and blow to make sure it opens and closes before install..I also purge fuel line right up to carb inlet and have seen bugs,pine needle pieces,,you name come out of lines...always,always,always purge your fuel lines.....

Comment

Jet needle

What about the jet needle it can wear out cause carb to flood? Was told by yamaha tech said they had problems with top carb on that yr and model. So since I have replaced everything else and yes float is working purged fuel before installed carb, clean fuel , I hope by replacing main jet and jet needle it will not flood out, if still floods out what then? Sell it?
          Thanks for your help all is appreciated. .
          I'll keep you posted I found parts hopefully there right. Main jet and jet needle.
          Thanks

Comment

needle & seat

Yes the needle can get a groove and or get hard..not a common issue in carbs for many,many years..in boats anything is possible..that said needle and seats get stuck close or more often open (As inur case) from dirt/junk..installed wrong...I don't sea floats taking in fuel any more unless its plastic or brass..early outboards used cork....with the carb turned upside down,,the top of float should be level with casting..also don't for get float drop adjustment..if too much it will "bind" in a open position..easy,smesey to check..if you can blow into the inlet with carb upside down u have a issue...might get a carb guy to ckeck it out..and if the kit did not include a needle and seat..it might have the steel type or was just left out of the bag that time...Happens..but you don't replace jets as anorm..."Tight Line's"
            Last edited by bajakeith; 09-08-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I believe you are referring to the needle and seat the float operates letting fuel into the carb bowl.
              Main jets meter the flow of fuel into the motor

Comment

Reeds

With top carburetor spitting more fuel out than the lower two carbs , could it be possible that the reed failed on top carb? But if it did would motor still be able to get up to full rpms as mine will get to full power once carb cleared out. Just asking cause carb might be ok? Waiting on needle valve ,
                still chasing. ....
                Thanks on info
                is there a way to inspect the reed once the carb is off or someway else.to see if its failing or working ?
                . thanks
                Last edited by chummy70; 09-12-2015, 01:55 PM. Reason: added questions

Comment

It was the Reed....

Update, looks like it was a stuck reed. Thanks for all the help...
                  here a pic, they do fail. Any recommendations on what to replace with, stock or someone else? Someone said Chris Carson? Or boyesen?
                  Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

stock reeds work, work well and outlast most any other.
                    most typical cause of reed failure is over speed, followed by water based rust.
                    we wont go into folks trying to alter reed stops.

Comment

Amen !!

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                      stock reeds work, work well and outlast most any other.
                      most typical cause of reed failure is over speed, followed by water based rust.
                      we wont go into folks trying to alter reed stops.
                      also water intrusion from a leaking hose/part...

Comment

Is that a photo of a broken reed valve?
                        Was it ingested?

I have used Chris Carson reeds with good results.

Comment

Yes laying down open . Wasn't over revved, and don't see water. 1988 motor probably got tired..
                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X