Mistery loose part inside engine bottom cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistery loose part inside engine bottom cowling

I just found this part floating around my engine bottom cowlling, found it where the rigging grommet and the shift cables are inside of the cowling, dont know if came from some other place or not since i tilt the engine all the way up for storage. Can you somebody give me some tips of where this might have come from. 20220828_174134_79.jpg

sorry for the double post
    by the way the engine is a 2018 F90LB

Comment

looks like a cable hold down to me

Comment

question is from where

Comment

View the parts catalog.

Comment

that was the first thing i did, looked in the bottom cowling 2 diagrams and i could not see anything to that sort, i even looked in some other diagrams, but no luck ;(

Comment

It's just a cable clamp. Hard to tell the size from the picture, but the size of the clamp generally matches (sort of) up to the size of the wire/cable/hose. Somewhere there is a bolt, as well. OR.... it's been there for a long time because someone dropped it, couldn't get it, and just used another clamp.

I would assume that you've given the engine a good once over and nothing seems out of place, right? In that case, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if you want, look for a matching size wire/cable/hose and a female thread/hole that is missing it's bolt. Forget about the diagrams - just look on your engine.
              Last edited by DennisG01; 08-30-2022, 01:58 PM.
              2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
              1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
                It's just a cable clamp. Hard to tell the size from the picture, but the size of the clamp generally matches (sort of) up to the size of the wire/cable/hose. Somewhere there is a bolt, as well. OR.... it's been there for a long time because someone dropped it, couldn't get it, and just used another clamp.

I would assume that you've given the engine a good once over and nothing seems out of place, right? In that case, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if you want, look for a matching size wire/cable/hose and a female thread/hole that is missing it's bolt. Forget about the diagrams - just look on your engine.
                I agree with this….the clamp may have been in there since coming from the factory….

Comment

Well i will definitely take a hard look in the engine, i am very picky when it comes to the engine. Thank you for the recommendation

Comment

Working...
                  X